Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chet Makuch
United States
Lincoln Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
NEPPAGames: ETO was reviewed in the Nov/Dec 2005 Issue (#60) of Paper Wars, a bi-monthly wargame review magazine published by Omega Games.

Clipping from the Omega Games website:

"Paper Wars includes reviews of new games from small and large companies, books of interest to wargamers, industry news and current ads from the hobby."

Our thanks to Bill Gibbs, president of Omega Games, and John Burtt, editor of Paper Wars, for the review of NEPPAGames: ETO in their publication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soooo....where's the review? Shouldn't there be a review here? Or just a post refering to the fact that someone did a review somewhere else??? Can you reprint the review here??? Thanks!

PS - I post this because I am interested in the game - I would like something between Axis and Allies: Europe and Third Reich. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet Makuch
United States
Lincoln Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Soooo....where's the review? Shouldn't there be a review here? Or just a post refering to the fact that someone did a review somewhere else??? Can you reprint the review here??? Thanks!

Sorry to disappoint, but you'll have to pick up a copy of Paper Wars to read the review. I'm awaiting my own personal copy of the issue. We had submitted a copy of NEPPAGames: ETO for review a while back, and in fact didn't realize the review was published until we started receiving emails referring to it.

Quote:
PS - I post this because I am interested in the game - I would like something between Axis and Allies: Europe and Third Reich. Thanks!

Thanks for the interest - I think NEPPAGames: ETO fills the middle ground between the two titles you referenced quite nicely. We're really looking forward to getting our Second Edition version released. Hope you agree it's worth the wait! Thanks again for the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
desertfox2004 wrote:

Hey there "desertfox2004"(Leo), then you truly ought to obtain a copy of the "Europe Aflame" game by 'TSR':

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/5882

It covers many additional 'concepts' that others seem to have "missed" upon in their 'coverages', while it could even be further "enhanced", with the 'right person'(s) accomplishing such *hint hint*. Oh, and by the way, I did assist the 'original' publisher of "Paper Wars"(Rich Erwin), way back during the early 1990s, when this was in its initial start-up at his place in 'West Seattle', and as "gratis" from him, he'd provide a 'copy' of the current "issue" for my 'services rendered'. I hadn't kept UP with them since HE stopped 'doing' this, while I fully understand his "situation" at the time that he completed his 'stewardship' for such.

P.S.-THIS 'NEPPA Game' also looks very nicely done, and I didn't mean to imply that it is otherwise, so get THAT as well, and have yet MORE "enjoyable gaming experiences" too.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet Makuch
United States
Lincoln Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
P.S.-THIS 'NEPPA Game' also looks very nicely done, and I didn't mean to imply that it is otherwise, so get THAT as well, and have yet MORE "enjoyable gaming experiences" too.

Whew! - I was hoping a plug or mention of NEPPAGames: ETO™ was coming in there somewhere! Well said...
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having finally gotten to actually play out a few turns with some friends, I have this to say. It's an odd mix of A&A scale with 3rd Reich mechanics. I like it, but I have a small list of wishes...

1. Clearer rules for U-Boats in Strategic Warfare. I was just a little confusing, and it took me several reads of the rules to catch on.

2. No Bomber Strategic Warfare? Huh? It's just seems odd. No rules for those thousand bomber raids on German Cities, or the Blitz. I'm sure there are ways to do it (like the U-boat tables,) but it's really odd that it's not there. I hear rules may be coming in a revised edition, but I'd like them now.

3. I really wish the politics rules were a little more variable. Even with the variant counters, I wish I didn't know for sure that Spain would be neutral, or that all the Axis minors will join Germany on the Summer 41 turn. I know this was a design decision, but it kind of makes the strategic options a little more static.

4. The end game goals are a little too straightforward. Germany wins by crushing 2 Allied nations or not being crushed by the Allies. I just kind of wish there was a little more there. What, I'm not sure.

I'll post a full session report once we play it out.

P.S. Another point. All naval interception was Automatic. Seems a little odd. But the updated rules have fixed that nicely. Thanks!

Has a Pacific Version ever been considered? Every ETO game needs a Pacific companion version with somewhat clunky rules to combine them. But I actually think you could finish a combined game of this, unlike some of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.