Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Farthing
United States
Auburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the German language Queen version of Alhambra. I am looking to get this expansion and was wondering if the English expansion version would work OK with the German base game. Should I get the English version or would it be better to try and track down a German copy? Does it really matter? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are four mini expansions in this box.

1. The Vizier's favor - adds six wooden tokens. So this would not doubt be totally compatible.
2. Bureau de Change - adds six color changing money cards. So, there might be a small problem if the cards are printed on different stock or slightly different sizes. If the cards are printed the exact same way it would work just fine, otherwise it won't.
3. Bonus Cards - Adds some cards to the game. They are not shuffled into the money cards and so if the printing does not match it won't matter.
4. Workers' Huts - Adds new tiles with different designs on the back than the original. So, I am sure this would also be compatible.

All in all 3 of the 4 mini expansions would work just fine for sure. The fourth (and my favorite) might or might not depending on how it's printed.

-Helen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has the opposites (english base game and german expansion), and it works good.

the exchange office cards do have a slightly different print on the back (same paper quality and all that), but as I've understood that problem/feature is present even with same language base/expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.