United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
See http://riograndegames.com/allgames.html for date, and http://riograndegames.com/games/rio286.html for MSRP and description (which I'm cut/pasting here):

In this Carcassonne expansion, players have the opportunity to build upwards! The lords of the region around Carcassonne erect towers to strengthen and promote their power and influence. They employ followers to stand guard on the towers, watching over the land so they can inform their lords of all who travel and move throughout the area.

Players may capture opponents’ followers, holding them in prison. Later, the players may arrange a prisoner exchange, to the advantage of the players involved. Also, a player may arrange to pay ransom for the return of an imprisoned follower.

Fans of Carcassonne will enjoy the new tactical opportunities offered by this expansion.
The expansion also includes a special tower for storing the landscape tiles, giving players a convenient way to draw tiles during the game.

$14.95; RIO286; 2-6 players, aged 8 +; length: 60 minutes; author: Klaus-Jürgen Wrede

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Barry) eldrbarry McWilliams
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe the Tower is something like this:
http://www.poeppelkiste.de/cc/index.htm

- eldrbarry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Barry) eldrbarry McWilliams
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
(Opps, I forgot about the frames .....
Perhasp the Tower is like this:
http://www.poeppelkiste.de/frame/frame.htm?/artikel/tower/to...

- eldrbarry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/96083 for a picture of the actual tower (it's a twin tower)....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
$14.95; RIO286; 2-6 players, aged 8 +; length: 60 minutes; author: Klaus-Jürgen Wrede

Looks like RGG raised the MSRP to $17.50 May be only $2 more but it no longer makes it a must have expansion for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering this is $11.25 at TimeWellSpent (my favorite online shop), I don't see why the MSRP matters.

Still on the fence if I want to add this, or any expansions to my Carcassonne set. I have none so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Considering this is $11.25 at TimeWellSpent (my favorite online shop), I don't see why the MSRP matters.
MSRP matters because that sets the wholesale price, distributor price, and finally the retailers price... given most of us use online retailers who charge 35% off MSRP this expansion went from $14.95 - 35% = $9.72 (vs. $17.50 - 30% = $11.38). I know not a whole lot (~ $1.50) but enough to turn me off for now given I was on the fence to begin with.

Sounds like you got a great deal at TWS.. you saved an extra 13 cents ... but how much did you pay for shipping with them? I group my purchases and qualify for free shipping at places like ThoughtHammer

dcorban wrote:
Still on the fence if I want to add this, or any expansions to my Carcassonne set. I have none so far.

I've bought all the expansions thus far (minus this one) because the girlfriend loves the Carcassonne brand. However she doesn't like "screw you" type play... and this expansion has LOTS of that (I did get to play it with someone elses copy). If this is a concern for you, then I can also say avoid the Princess & The Dragon... the girlfriend won't play with that expansion again!

ps: I think the price is higher because they overpackaged this expansion... the tower is a waste to begin with (I like using a bag), and given it's pre-assembled, it makes the box bigger as well... oh well... I'm sure I'll have to pick this up some day to complete the collection though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.