Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how long you hold onto the grenade after you reveal it.

Is it just for the round you reveal it on, or do you hold on to it until you are wounded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rules say "At the end of the phase you got
your next wound all the players still standing (i.e. who did not withdraw,
or were not wounded yet) also take a wound marker.", which to me suggests that you hold on to your grenade until you get a wound. I'm not sure, though, so further opinions are appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I say hold onto it until you're wounded. I mean, you're crazy, you're not gonna just put it back down!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Todd
United Kingdom
Manchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question came up in our game today.

We thought that he literal interpretation was as above, but it made more sense in the game for it only to last 1 round. Otherwise, someone has to take a wound to shoot you or you always keep the grenade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlad Balica
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It lasts only for 1 round. It is best to reveal it before people are pointing the guns, so that nobody shoots at you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luckyjim wrote:
This question came up in our game today.

We thought that he literal interpretation was as above, but it made more sense in the game for it only to last 1 round. Otherwise, someone has to take a wound to shoot you or you always keep the grenade.

That's exactly why I think the literal interpretation is correct. Someone needs to take a wound to disarm you or else you'll keep threatening them with it.

In the example in the rules, Tino reveals the grenade before anyone targets, and then two players *decide* to target him. Why would they do that if they could just wait it out?

Also if someone expects they'll be targeted by lots of players, they could threaten to shoot the grenade holder, so that multiple people feel the pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.