Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Greyskull
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I've been playing a couple of times this great games...and I have a couple of question concerning "Before applying the effect of armor"!!
There are many special abilities like: Burn, Knockback, Stun and Web..that say: after inflicting at least one damage before applying the effect of armor, place a token...and so on
My questions are:
1) let's imagine the hero has an armor value equal to 3 and let's think the overlord rools the die for the "monster", obtaining only 2 damages...this means that because hero has 3 armors, he doesn't take any damage at all...but because the monster has rolled 2 damage before applying the effect of armor, the overlord can place 2 Burn or 2 Stun or 2 Webs token under him!!! is that correct??
2) Concerning the above mentioned situation...can the overlord place tokens only when he makes real damage to the hero, adding 1 token per real effective damage???

That's it..I don't know if I was able to explain my doubts...I hope to have some help!!!!
Thanks again

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Greyskull
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahhhh one token per attack (if during the attack I rolled at least 1 damage before applying the effect of armor!!!!).
So even if the hero (with armor value 3) doesn't take any damage because I rolled 2 hearts, he takes 1 web token (even if I rolled 2 hearts, because it is limited by one token per attack!!!)

Thank you very much Richard!!!!
Everything is clear now!!

Have a nice day!!!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
1) Yes, you have it correct
2) The overlord can place burn, web or stun tokens or use the knockback effect whether the hero takes any wounds or not as long as at least one heart has been rolled on the dice, limited to one per attack not per heart rolled.

Imagine that you are walking into an ordinary old cupboard, there are spiders living in this cupboard and cobwebs are strung across the room. Walking into them doesn't harm you but it does get cobwebs over you and would take you time to remove them.

In Descent the spiders are huge and so are the webs, thus you can be tangled in them without taking any damage. The same applies to all the other effects, your clothes can be on fire without it actually being hot enough to burn you immediately but if they catch light... etc etc.

Hope this clears up your question.

I could be mistaken, but isn't there a proviso that if the Overlord rolls a "X" then the attack automatically misses and it doesn't matter how many Hearts are displayed on the other dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.