Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nancy Castillo
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi in my group we have many options of games to play about 150,jeje we are crazy, bue when there are 7 or more players we have a little problem, our options now are:

Great Dalmuti
Shadows over camelot
Frank Zoo
Loot
Give me the Brain
Formula DE
Roborally

Can you give me other options, we like fast games 1 o 2 hours at most

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from suggesting you split up and play 2 or more games, I can't help you much. Werewolf, I suppose.

Junta plays 7 but takes several hours. Worth it thoughmeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to 10: Saboteur, 6 nimmt! (aka Category 5)
Up to 8: Diamant, Bang! (with Dodge City), Strand-cup (two teams of 4. I recommend having two decks, one per team), Loot
Up to 7: Bohnanza, Fearsome Floors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Formula De is a good choice although with 7 it might take a while to play. Citadels might be a good choice for your group. Werewolf is good with 7 even though it is more socialization than game (IMHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My family LOVES Bohnanza so I have to recommend that. They beg for bean farming. We have the same problem with the number of players so I will be watching to see what other people recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About a year ago I was facing the same question with my group... So I created this geek list.

I hope it helps you http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

I ended up getting Formula De, Citadels, and Fearsome Floors.

Formula De is by far the favorite in our group, but you already have that game.
Citadels is also popular.
Fearsome Floors didn't go over as well however. We find (at least in our group) that one player takes a strong lead and it is almost impossible to stop that player from winning. So you know the winner a few rounds before the game is finally over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reist
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
The two that come to mind are Citadels and Junta.

Some people complain that Citadels takes too long with more players, but I personally think it's a better game the more players you have, so long as people don't mind a bit of downtime between turns.

Junta is an interesting choice because it should really only ever be played with seven players. Once again though, make sure you have a few hours to spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spontelli
United States
MANSFIELD
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/dfwgames/
badge
Okay, let's start the meeting. My name is Ken, and I'm a Tichu addict.
mbmbmbmbmb
My group often has the issue of a large group that would rather not split up. I have looked at lots of game to handle the issue. Everyone else covered the well known games but here are a few that my group plays often that were not brought up yet.

Bazaar (3M bookcase game)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/287
We add more card to the stalls to play with extra players. The game's rules state 5 per stall. We often use 7 or 8 when playing with 7 or 8 players. It can easily be found on ebay.

Carabande or Pitch Car
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/150
Eight player game. Pitch car is not to hard to get. Get um up on their feet and moving a little bit.

Chronology or Best of Chronology
The game work pretty good with a large group; we often play with 8 or 9 players in the game. The ten cards to win rule has been tweaked by our group and we now set the number needed to win at 12. That way the time line get tighter and more cards travel around before somebody earns them. (Yeah, you have to know the game for that to make sense)

Circus Maximus
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/244
This one handles eight players. It's an old game but, it's not that hard to find. You could trade for one pretty easily here on BGG.

Settlers of Catan
In the back of one of the rule books is the setup for the 5, 6, 7 and 8 players. You will need two copys of the original Settlers of Catan game but, most likely you'll know and game with someone that has a that second set. There are some rule changes and the game is a little longer than a four player game of settlers but, it's not as long as you would think it might be. In fact, on average, it takes the same number of dice rolls to finish a game no matter how many players are in the game. The reason the game IS longer with more players is that there are more people to trade with. Exploring all of those options is what takes extra time.

Democrazy
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/542/Democrazy
Ten player max.

The Great Balloon Race
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/449
The game says 6 players max but, we use all the cards and play with 8. I love this quick light game for bigger groups. The game is available on Germany eBay often for 2 or 3 Euros. Yeah the shipping will cost you 8 or 10 dollars but, the game is worth it. On German eBay you will find the game is called Himmelsstürmer. Here is a recent one that went for $2.41 .
http://tinylink.com/?q52jpD3ymL

Ostrakon
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/9801/Ostrakon
5 - 12 players

Wits and Wagers
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/20100
Seven players answering seven questions with wagering; lots of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend Oriente.

Clark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jsalais wrote:
Hi in my group we have many options of games to play about 150,jeje we are crazy, bue when there are 7 or more players we have a little problem, our options now are:

Sucking Vacuum - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/4606 - is a 3-6 player game. However, it also has an official variant included in the rules that has a 7th player playing 3 Alien invaders, against the 6 crew members. Of course you also have the option of giving 3 players 1 Alien each, making it a 9 player game.

However, this variant is famously unbalanced (although fun) - a better option is to use the game's Tournament rules, which involves combining two copies of the game into a 12-player version. The game is not expensive, and buying two copies will still be less than a single big box game.

It is by no means a serious game, but is well worth looking at.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Category 5 and Werewolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CDRodeffer wrote:
I would recommend Oriente.

Clark

Oriente is what came to mind for me as well. It is for 4-12 players. You don't end up with the character-selection delay in Citadels with large numbers of players because the character disctribution is random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco J. Piña A.
Chile
Calama
Antofagasta
flag msg tools
badge
Insert any witty/stupid overtext you can think of here... I got nothing
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend Lord of the Fries for a quick game, it's pretty fun and the artwork is hilarious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dahlstrom
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
(This is a picture of a frozen waterfall, from behind the waterfall)
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitchcar and San Juan (2 decks, with the variant found here on the geek) come to mind.
Oh yeah, and Apples to Apples or Pass the Bomb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Conrad
England
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Twisterkiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Webster
United States
Littleton
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There really aren't many, but of them, a surprising number are Cheapass games, and they're really not bad. Three that I have are:

Witch Trial
Deadwood
Save Dr. Lucky

I have "Give me the Brain," but it's not popular with my group (too random for the thinkers).

Also, Bohnanza and Citadels come to mind; I have Formula de but haven't played it with the group yet.

The 5 mentioned play quickly, and are good icebreakers for a group to play before breaking up into two 3-4 player games, which we have done with a really large group. This way, everyone gets to play once with everyone, and the newer folks can sort out whom they want to play the "deeper" game with if that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohnanza definitely works well, and we've enjoyed both Zirkus Flohcati and David & Goliath. We usually play our games with 5 or 6, but occasionally with 7. Some games expand well and some don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you enjoy auto racing games, then you can play Das Motorsportspiel or Bolide with 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vecere
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You can try:

Bohnanza: Really fun,trading with a twist,easy to learn once you get going...(cash crop,come on; trade me for the cooco bean..please-I'll be your best friend, and owe you a few next time. The picture of the Blue Beans reminds me of something, I just can't say it here..)

Robo Rally: Race to the finish, while screwing your friends along the way.(fire a laser,push a player into the hole, and get to respawn at the begining of your next turn.)

Bang:(with or without expansions),Kill or be killed, make enemies with your neighbor. "I shot the sherrif but I didn't shoot the deputy"

Citadels:(expansions is cool too)get gold,steal from the rich,kill the king,queen, and others ...What else is better. Many versions to change with in the game it self.

Werewolf: You can get the rules for the game here, and then make up your own cards. I picked the game up for $8 bucks. It is very good with a lot of people.("Little Girl" I'm peeking to see a werewolf, but if I get caught, I'm dead.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
Duel of Ages I believe goes up to 16, and is loads of fun for the family! http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/6050

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Things... Humour in a Box. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/10934 It says it plays up to 15, though I've never tried it with that many. A hit every time it's brought out at our house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels is the favorite 7-player game in our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Saboteur is excellent. I think Diamant takes up to 8. Oriente is 4-12 players, but I haven't played it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a book here in Germany, which you can order online, called Jam Dudel by Peer Sylvester with games in it for large groups. Some are already well-known (Mafia), but there are a few games in there for larger groups from game designers as diverse as James Ernest and Reiner Knizia!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwsparks
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
When the bullet hits the bone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Saboteur is a rare game in that it actually improves with more players. I recommend it, although you'd be hard-pressed to play it all night. It's more of a play once (or twice) and then play something else sort of game.

I have only pity for the group that plays RoboRally with seven people. With only two boards and two flags the game might only take 3.5 hours, but it'll probably be much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.