David Gagné
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
Game Summit 2019 - Canada
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really sorry, I should have posted the results yesterday when I realized for the first time that I forgot about it... so before I forget again, this is it:

2 groups of gamers joined forces last Tuesday in a very dead Broadway Bar and Grill on Fisher.

The first group started light with a game of Snowball fight. I have no idea who won this game. Wow, what I great start on my part! blush

They then decided to go on with a little Merchand of Amsterdam (after waiting forever for Martin who has been trying to play this game for the past couple of weeks!) Well, he didn't get to play 'cause his other game was taking too long. Too bad I believe John won the MofA game... Did I say that I was bad with names too? (why am I doing this again???)

With the other group Martin was able to easily win at Olte Mare againt Francis, Dr.B and yours truly. I've never played that game before and it has a Bonhanza feel to it ...and it's better. I'll play again for sure. For our second game, Martin made Francis a happy man when he suggested to play Modern Art (using his personal custom motorcycle deck) and Francis did win that game followed closely by Dr.B. Did I mention that Martin finish last? Dr.B and I finish the evening with a quick game a Babel that I lost badly.

So, another great evening of fun and games!

Thank you boys and girl for showing up! See you all in two weeks!

Dhunam (filing in for MrZoz goo )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Villemaire
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dhunam wrote:
I'm really sorry, I should have posted the results yesterday when I realized for the first time that I forgot about it

Mr Zoz never forgets to post an update

Dhunam wrote:
I have no idea who won this game. Wow, what I great start on my part! blush

Mr Zoz always remembers who won the game!

Dhunam wrote:
Did I say that I was bad with names too?

Guess what? Mr Zoz never forgets names

Dhunam wrote:
Did I mention that Martin finish last?

I thought we had agreed on playing my variant on the game, 'Golf Modern Art'. The goal of the variant is to have the lowest score possible ninja

Dhunam wrote:
filing in for MrZoz goo )

Can't wait for Mr Zoz to get his job back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... And we're back!

goo

Mr Dhunham thank you very much for stepping in this week.
I do apologize for my tardiness (Financial Planner + RRSP season = less time for the really important stuff -- Board Games!!!).

FOR SALE
I really want to thank Marc and Sean for tag-team-teaching For Sale.
(I knew there was a reason we let teachers back into the group)
I realize most of you had played before, but I really liked the balance and challenge at such a high speed. Thirty houses and two of each of the fifteen cheques. Perfect little speed game.

The winner of this was Sean - Real Estate Agent supreme.

SNOWBALL FIGHT
(keep going)

{PAFF!}
Gotcha!

This was the Kuub's baby. She picked this one out for two reasons. One, it was on sale. Two, it looked like a potential Mob War substitute. I really really liked this over Lunch money/Beer money because you do not need a cheat sheet to figure out what to do. You just {PAFF!} someone.

I think it filled the Mob War void nicely.
Senseless violence, quick play.
As well, the snowball shaped cards and the ice blue die are a nice touch.
I prefer the beads to the score pad (It helps to let you know where to aim).
I would like to try this with the "if you hit and block, you get to go next" variant.

I am interested in the consensus on this one (Hot or Cold?)

The winner of the game was the General.

PIRATEER (Variant -- ship wrecks)

I won I won I won!!!!
Hooo!

Hoody Hoo.
Dance Dance Dance.
Wikki Wikki Wi Wi!!

(this concludes the report on Pirateer)

MERCHANT OF AMSTERDAM.

First up.
Martin -- Do you want me to bring this again?

Next,
This was Sean and I's second time.
The General got help from the Kuub.
Jason and Marc were giving it their first go around (or time down).

I think this is definitely a game where the second time you play you have A LOT of an advantage over the newbees (What do I bid? Should I take the loan? Do I build lots her or a little bit everywhere?).

I believe Sean had this wrapped up pretty early on. He bid (with one exception) very conservatively, didn't take any loans and maximized every building bonus (and didn't give them up in the home stretch).

Winner Sean (Tau).

FOR FURTHER READING WITH A LOT OF PROBABLY UNNECESSARY DETAIL...

I put a session report for Merchants and one for Pirateer (because of the weird situation). If you type the game in on BGG where it says search games, click on the game, click on session report, the session report will be listed. Just click on the session report to read.

NEXT
Tuesday in Kanata.
the RAT KING has already sent out the call for games.

NEXTER
Mr. Dhunam has promised us a great big Ottawa Board Game Player's Opportunity in the form of a web site ((now with content)) keep your eyes glued right here.

Well not here, but this spot on the BGG.
As well, when you read the Dhunam's notice for the webpage etc. click on your little thumbs up for approval symbol. This will help keep his post on the front page for as long as possible.

EVEN MORE NEXTER
It looks like the Hobby Centre in Ottawa will be hosting it's 125th (or something like that) anniversary and having a free comic day. Keep an eye out (or just ask Billy!!)

LASTER
Great group out last week. Hope to see you all on the 14th.

Take care,
MrZoz
goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Villemaire
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:
Martin -- Do you want me to bring this again?

YES!! I want to play this one before I die!

You also forgot to mention that the new waitress is the best yet. Here's hoping that she sticks around kisskisskiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J R
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey MrZoz ... {PAFF!}

Snowball fight is a keeper for a quick game while waiting for food/people or between games when waiting for someone (ummm Martin "we are almost done" ) to finish before joining. No bias here even though it was the only time I have ever won a card game like this.

Cheers
The General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.