Subject: Easy/Hard Variations from Dragon Tales game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the reviews says that the Dragon Tales Matching Game (a rethemed Chicken Cha Cha) includes easy and hard variations in the rules. I didn't notice any such in the Chicken Cha Cha rules (Do I just need to read them more carefully? I'm not at home now so I can't double check...)

Anyway, does anybody care to post a summary of what these are? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the game rules --

Quote:
For an easier game for younger players:
Use only 6 octagonal tiles in the center, and the 12 matching oval tiles for the path. This is a good, quick two-player game.

For a more challenging and longer game:
Players can choose to collect only one item at a time when they fly over another dragon who is carrying more than one item. This way they will have to fly over their opponent again to collect another item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! The easy variation makes a lot of sense, especially when only two players are playing.

It sounds to me like the "hard" variation would just drag the game out...that means that if a chicken has two feathers, you would actually have to lap it to get them both. Ugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notice that in the hard variation, it says a player "may" collect only one feather. I took that as, the "parent" takes only one feather, while the child can take them all, which makes this a way to handicap the game. Although, kids are so good at memory games, usually it's me who needs the handicap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Luis V.
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
What I do to play with my two years old son (besides removing some tiles) is letting him try twice (and only twice) if he misses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.