Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Sharp
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game a little while ago, and it has instantly become one of my favorites. Everything about it just feels 'right'.

I am also a total nut for tracks (I have all of the Formula De tracks!), and was wondering if anyone has thought about how to possibly use tracks from other games with this system? The only thing I could think of is if there is some type of clear poster size sheet of thin plastic with a grid printed on it, you could then overlay that on some of the other tracks (although the grid would have to be red or something to stand out from the spaces on the other boards).

Anyone else have any ideas, or maybe have already tried something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Sharp
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking that it would be cool if the publisher could somehow get the rights to make the game represent the A1 Grand Prix series. That would give options for lots of great tracks, and the whole idea of the A1 series (that each car scores points for it's country, not the driver) gives it a nice international appeal. Since A1 is a new series, now would be a great time to jump onboard with them!

Anyway, just an idea. I admit I just want more tracks!

Also, since only the points where the lines intersect are used, I would think that dots can be used instead of squares. Does anyone think this would look better than the grid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Gurantsu wrote:

I admit I just want more tracks!

I totally agree.
Gurantsu wrote:

Also, since only the points where the lines intersect are used, I would think that dots can be used instead of squares. Does anyone think this would look better than the grid?

I hadn't thought of this, but you're right.
It'd present a much "cleaner" look to the board.
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
Although I don't own Bolide, the movement system has been around for a very long time. Several years back I was able to buy sticky-back plastic that had a grid of half-inch squares printed on a white background. I stuck these onto card and then cut the card into separate tiles each tile comprising 12x12 squares. Onto these I drew with a marker pen different track configurations.

I had made the main track 4 squares wide. On each tile the track had to enter/exit in much the same places. This was, in my case, one square in from the edge (but it didn't matter which edge, of course). I see I made 21 tiles, which meant that very complex tracks could be assembled.

Although we enjoyed the game enormously it didn't get the playing I had hoped due to the fact that players could take too long working out forward moves ("Will I be able to get round a corner that's coming up?") before making up their mind where to move to. I am given to understand that Bolide has addressed this problem, which is a good thing.

Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gurantsu wrote:
I just got this game a little while ago, and it has instantly become one of my favorites. Everything about it just feels 'right'.

I am also a total nut for tracks (I have all of the Formula De tracks!), and was wondering if anyone has thought about how to possibly use tracks from other games with this system? The only thing I could think of is if there is some type of clear poster size sheet of thin plastic with a grid printed on it, you could then overlay that on some of the other tracks (although the grid would have to be red or something to stand out from the spaces on the other boards).

Anyone else have any ideas, or maybe have already tried something?

Ever since I first read about this game, all I can think of is how you could slap a grid on anything and be able to race it. Satelite pictures of your neighborhood from google maps. Tourist brochure of a national park. A digital picture of a model train set. Just decide the scale by picking a minimum number of points for the smallest road.

If I had a complete set of Formula De tracks (awesome, btw) I'd do the easy thing of a plastic overlay, yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Spazzali
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New tracks are coming...

bye bye
Castro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.