Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm... hate to repeat myself, but: "Anyone know any game stores in Kingston, ON?"

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

I grew up in Kingston, but I haven't been back for about three and a half years. However, I did ask one of my friends, and this is his reply:

"There's still one on Princess, just above Division,
and there might still be one on Montreal or Bagot (I
do everything by sight, so I'm always weak on which
actual name goes with what landmark) between Brock and
Princess"

I don't remember the name of the one on Princess St.

Hope this helps,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, that helps. I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is what you're looking for...

Minotaur: Games & Gifts
165 Princess St. (613)545-2308

Kingston Gaming Nexus
270 Bagot St. (613)546-2565

I'm not from Kingston, and have only been there a couple of times, but this is culled from the web based on Norbet's post. There is a GW event later this month at the Nexus, so it's a safe bet it's still there. If Norbert's friend is right, Minotaur should still be open as well. Call first to verify.

The really nice thing is, they're just around the corner from each other. Less than 100 meters door-to-door (according to Google Maps), and you don't even have to cross the street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As this question has been brought up again in a new thread, I'll add some thoughts here.

Nexus is very much a Warhammer/RPG type store. They have some boardgames (notably Formula De) otherwise unavailable in town. They are just south* of Princess on Bagot.

Minotaur, on the other hand, has a much better selection of boardgames. They also, and I cannot pimp this enough, have open gaming nights on Wednesdays from 6-9:30ish and Sunday from 5-9 when people can come in and play either their own games or any of their multitude of store copies. Note that if the store copy of a game is the only one they have left (the situation with Caylus at the moment) they will sell it to you if you ask. Minotaur is on the North side of princess just West of Bagot.

* Note that all cardinal directions when it comes to downtown Kingston are approximate at best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Devin, it's nice to know there are BBGs in my hometown. I wonder how many people in Kingston have BGG accounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Simcoe (Norfolk)
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm another BGGer that lives in Kingston. In fact, Devin and I know each other. I happen to work at Minotaur, and he happily whallopped me at Caylus not that long ago. I shall have my revenge.

Some day, anyway.

But yes, while my opinion is rather biased by virtue of being a lackey at Minotaur... you owe it to yourself to come by the store, especially on a games night. We're just hitting our first year in business and things are going well. Hopefully soon we'll be able to REALLY expand our game selection -- it is, in my opinion, far too small. Still much larger than anywhere else in the area, Nexus included.

I'm the tall blond guy that talks too much. Say hi if you're in the area!

Lastly, pardon my hopping into this thread a week and a bit late -- I only very rarely read the forums!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingston Nexus
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hello, I know this post is several years old but it's been linked to recently!

Insert shameless plug for own store:

At Kingston Gaming Nexus (contact information is still correct), we have a large RPG section (biggest in town), a large miniatures section (only store in town) including GW, Infinity, Malifaux, HeroClix, and Privateer Press, a growing board game selection (it's really expanded in the past few years and we have a very wide selection of the nerdier games. We aren't strong in the party game/classics department, go to Minotaur for that), and a small selection of CCGs.

We also have weekly gaming, as follows:
Tuesdays: board games
Wednesdays: RPGs
Thursdays: Warhammer Fantasy & Magic
Fridays: open gaming, including Warmachine, Hordes, historical wargaming, Infinity, Malifaux, and board games
Saturdays: Warhammer 40K
Sundays: Heroclix

www.kingstonnexus.ca

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mayes
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
Just an update on this post, I'm here for the Canada long(ish) weekend and was able to check out a few of the places. I was in particular looking for D&D figures so my update is a little biased towards that.

Minotaur had a very nice selection of board games, and various crafts. They did have a small display with some D&D miniatures figures, with pretty good prices, if not a huge selection. No boosters or anything else RPG related though.

The Gaming Nexus was pretty impressive. As stated above they've got a nice variety of games, and I'd say their board game section is rivalling that of Minotaur. If you're into the Wings of War/Glory, Sails of Glory, or the similar Star Trek / Star Wars they had quite a few of those as well. Unfortunately for me, again no D&D boosters... some metal figures but I wasn't too interested in that. A lot of Pathfinger books, and even a nice selection of D&D books ranging from AD&D to 4E. They did have a few singles of pathfinder and D&D minis for sale, but fairly picked over and a bit pricey on some.

Staff of both of the above stores were pretty friendly too. and very close to each other.

I also discovered Action Packed Comics a bit further down at 724 Princess St. Obviously having a good number of comics, they also had the Star Wars/Trek games, and a lot of MtG. Not a lot of anything else though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Peddle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another good online store in Ontario if you are struggling to find something specific is woodforsheep.ca.

They have great pricing, decent shipping and a great selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Discussing Retailers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.