United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw Rio Grande has posted up new dates for a number of reprints. New dates for El Grande (April), Goa (April), Caylus (March) and Taj Mahal (May). The good news for the Carcassonne folks is Carcassonne: the Tower is set for March.

http://www.riograndegames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's good news about the Goa and Caylus dates (hope those don't get bumped), but I can't help but be a little disappointed that they're only going to be selling a combined package of El Grande and all the expansions, and will no longer be selling the expansions separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so frickin excited about the El Grande reprint, plus I had planned on getting the expansions anyhoo. Happy days! They push this back again at their own peril...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too - since I went and boaught teh Expansions thinking hte new El Grande woudl be just that - El Grande... So I saw a copy of the expansions at my FLGS and bought it. Sigh - it figures...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank the gods! Another Carcasonne variant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually Goa and Caylus were originally set for February so it's a one month push back for the two of them. Not a tragedy but I am looking forward to owning my own copy of Caylus. I have Caylus ordered from Thought Hammer along with Trader of Genoa so it delays two games for me because they won't ship Traders until Caylus is in.

In a way this delays a third for me. I've been trying to trade for Goa. Problem is it likely won't happen until the reprint comes out. In two instances where I thought I had made a reasonable offer for trade I was turned down. "It's out of print you know" was one of the responses I got. They wanted multiple games in exchange for an opened and played copy of it. I can wait. laugh

McCoy Pauley wrote:
That's good news about the Goa and Caylus dates (hope those don't get bumped), but I can't help but be a little disappointed that they're only going to be selling a combined package of El Grande and all the expansions, and will no longer be selling the expansions separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pmboos wrote:
Me too - since I went and boaught teh Expansions thinking hte new El Grande woudl be just that - El Grande... So I saw a copy of the expansions at my FLGS and bought it. Sigh - it figures...

Well, not everyone will be buying the new edition, so there will be people wanting the Expansions that already own El Grande.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gashlycrumb wrote:
Well, not everyone will be buying the new edition, so there will be people wanting the Expansions that already own El Grande.

Yes, people like me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Actually Goa and Caylus were originally set for February...

Yes, "originally", after Goa got bumped from November.... snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't El Grande get bumped from 2004? I wonder how many times they will bump all of these. Someone should start a contest like when will a baby gets born which cost 1gg to enter and winner gets it all. I'd be betting late Summer on a lot of these Spring promises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:
Actually Goa and Caylus were originally set for February...

Yes, "originally", after Goa got bumped from November.... snore

And way back when, Goa was listed as February 2005.

Quote:
Didn't El Grande get bumped from 2004?

Yeah, I think it got listed as fall/winter 2004 and then February 2005. Maybe it's for real this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
Quote:
Didn't El Grande get bumped from 2004?

Yeah, I think it got listed as fall/winter 2004 and then February 2005. Maybe it's for real this time.

So long as they don't have yet more problems with the printing. This latest delay is due to some problems with the printing quality, IIRC, at least according to posts of email correspondance with Rio Grande in the El Grande forums. And then there's always the wait for the slow boat.

I have stopped believing publishers when they say they're sure a game or book will be out on such-and-such date. They're so often wrong - especially game publishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, how come we have to wait for the slow boat? Surely, we'd pay a few dollars to see a shipment come by airmail? Already paying 40-50 dollars for some of these. If they arrived at flgs quicker, I'm sure they would not stay on the shelves long before someone gave in to the "new" costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to support the costs of what it seels at the FLGS. Without me and another guy, they wouldn't sell anything but Settlers of Catan, and without M:TG go under due to sales. I get to play on their tables, during store hours, and sometimes into the darkest hours if the store owners are playing games as well - usually on weekends. I feel justified in paying the high cost of MSRP to keep my gameroom open. Sure, I trade and buy from online retailers and people the games they can't get in, but that doesn't cut into their profit margin. And, they get a upside to letting us play games down there: When I play a new game, they find out if it is worth restocking(or stocking in the first place). Free advertising for them, a place to play/people to play with I gain. And, yes, at my FLGS if they charged a little more cuz it came in on a plane rather than a boat, it would still sell. Eagle games have sold, and they are not priced low. It won't happen, but maybe someday boats will go faster. The longest wait I ever had. Bought a 10inch record from Germany for 10 dollars - inc shipping. I thought it was coming by air. 4 months later, and I had given up on ever receiving it, it shows up. I was happy, but confused. For a buck more or even 2 dollars more, I would've liked it 3 months earlier. I learned surface mail from over seas was by boat, and that is a long wait. Now, I wait till some online retailer gets it in. Long story short, I did do one more deal from that publisher, a video tape copy of that band who was on the 10 inch I purchased, from his own copy - not a professional version, but his home movies (there are no professional videos in existence from this band), plus he filled the rest of the tape up with other bands he might thought I would like. Now, try to get that service from some big business organization. Now it was in PAL, so the conversion costs were plenty on my end. But I digress, it came by airmail - my choice, and I was willing to pay the whole dollar more to have it come that way. I may be not the majority, but I know 2 people who would pay a tad more to get it earlier, especially so we don't have to read about how great the game is for 4 months from everyone in the EC as they already have it. grrrr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In two instances where I thought I had made a reasonable offer for trade I was turned down. "It's out of print you know" was one of the responses I got.

That's pretty normal and also pretty reasonable. I ended up selling my copy of Goa for $65, and I got a similar price for El Grande. I've already pre-ordered the reprints, so my original copies ended up making me a decent chunk of change.

Playing the boardgame market is the only way I can afford to buy all the games that I buy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Kelly
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Personally, I am really hoping that these reprint dates will stick. I am anxiously waiting to pick up a copy of Goa, and playing it last weekend only reminded me of how great a game it is!

I work for a games store and I am kicking myself now for watching it come and go off our shelves without picking one up for myself. I make the mistake too often of putting off purchasing the games I really want and always miss the chance as they become OOP/Backordered/generally impossible to obtain.

April seems far away but at least it gives me something to look forward to!! Hopefully Rio Grande won't let me down...right??!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.