NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone!

GenCon Tickets are now available. If you want to jump in on a Sealed Deck Tournament, this will be our 3rd year. Event ID is: TCG1341409

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too far away. Wish I could join though...

As always when somebody organizes a sealed tourney, I'd like to ask that the organizer record each player's standard deck size. IIRC the old DCI sealed rules allowed for decks between 45 and 60 cards for sealed tourneys.

Now tournaments of this kind were few and far between and I'm still wondering if it's more clever to trim your deck down to your 45 (or 46) best cards, omitting one or two assets entirely, or to go close to or even max out at 60 cards because your opponent's 'best' 45 won't allow him to do serious damage, allowing you to just sit it out waiting for your opponent to deck himself...

Just to reiterate, I'm only interested in deck size, not the exact deck list! Thanks in advance for keeping that in mind...

Cheers,
Dasher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Corbett

Kansas
msg tools
What Battletech set will u use for the sealed tourney?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now it is 1x Limited Starter Deck, 1x Unlimited Booster, and 1x Counterstrike Booster.

But if you have any suggestions, I will consider them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.drunkassgames.com/gencon_btech_2013.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Corbett

Kansas
msg tools
Is there a difference between the cards in limited & unlimited starter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SavageTofu wrote:

There's the errata... And the unlimited card borders are military green instead of black...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
SavageTofu wrote:

The starters for limited come with a bigger rulebook and an awesome red/black die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
SavageTofu wrote:

The starters for limited come with a bigger rulebook and an awesome red/black die.

This is not cool, I thought there was a re-release of the game. Which I was playing. I love that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
lochmoigh wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:
SavageTofu wrote:

This is not cool, I thought there was a re-release of the game. Which I was playing. I love that game.

There has been no re-release of the game... Battletech CCG died in 1999. What are you trying to say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
lochmoigh wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:
SavageTofu wrote:

There has been no re-release of the game... Battletech CCG died in 1999. What are you trying to say?

That when I first read the title I got my hopes up. No harm, wish I were able to be in the tourney if for no other reason than to play the finest CCG I think was produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
lochmoigh wrote:

That when I first read the title I got my hopes up. No harm, wish I were able to be in the tourney if for no other reason than to play the finest CCG I think was produced.

Ah gotcha. It would be cool if this game got the LCG treatment from FFG. I would buy everything!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bartlett
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything. Every single thing. In multiples. And I say this knowing I already have 15,000 cards in hand.

Did you hear that, LCG makers?! EVERY THING YOU PRODUCE! IN MULTIPLES!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cc_TheToph wrote:
Everything. Every single thing. In multiples. And I say this knowing I already have 15,000 cards in hand.

If you are looking for a good home for some of those PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Corbett

Kansas
msg tools
cc_TheToph wrote:

I would buy these too.

Unfortunately I do not think it will happen. How many licenses would they need to pay for?

1)Wizards
2)dr. Garfield
3) Fasa

Too many hands in the cookie jar.

I hope I am wrong though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SavageTofu wrote:
cc_TheToph wrote:

I would buy these too.

Unfortunately I do not think it will happen. How many licenses would they need to pay for?

1)Wizards
2)dr. Garfield
3) Fasa

Too many hands in the cookie jar.

I hope I am wrong though.

Well, it worked for Netrunner...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Corbett

Kansas
msg tools
With Netrunner Fantasy Flight only needs to pay for the license from Wizard of the coast.

With Battletech they would additionally have to pay a license for Fasa. Games with too many licenses mean less profit & more complications. Very few of these games survive.

Again I hope I am wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SavageTofu wrote:
With Netrunner Fantasy Flight only needs to pay for the license from Wizard of the coast.

With Battletech they would additionally have to pay a license for Fasa. Games with too many licenses mean less profit & more complications. Very few of these games survive.

Again I hope I am wrong.

Hm, this is getting dangerously far off topic. I hope the OP doesn't mind...

I didn't follow the Netrunner revival that closely, but it's also a Garfield game and the original game had a Cyberpunk RPG background, so they had to play license fees to R. Talsorian. Same situation, really...

However, AFAIK license questions surrounding FASA are supposed to be difficult with Wizkids and whatnot, so I don't expect to happen with our game anymore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Corbett

Kansas
msg tools
Am I correct that Battletech died because of license problems between Wotc & Fasa?

Sorry to get off topic.

Sorry amigo not going to make it to Gen con this year. I will plan for a sealed tourney next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought that the game died because the environment WotC built with Arsenal (the vehicle desaster), CE (the box power desaster), and Crusade (the Alliances desaster) was just one hit too much against the player base. The subsequent expansion, Payback, was killed in development...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dasher47051 wrote:
I always thought that the game died because the environment WotC built with Arsenal (the vehicle desaster), CE (the box power desaster), and Crusade (the Alliances desaster) was just one hit too much against the player base. The subsequent expansion, Payback, was killed in development...

QFT

When I built a vehicles deck without any mechs that devestated mech decks I thought it was a problem. 12+ vehicles by turn 3.

When I build a logistics deck with mostly elementals that devastated mech decks I knew it was over. (The only problem with this deck is that it made the games take longer - think MTG Blue denial decks - so it was not a good tournament deck despite being a winning deck).

I will check out the sealed deck tournament as I really love this game as well although I have not played it in over 10 years.

I have a LOT of cards - many in sealed boxes. I also have a few Zeus T-Shirts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any spares you want to get rid of PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Larson
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any chance of a 2014 GenCon sealed game?

I have an unopened box of starters and counter strike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Its in the events planning stage as we speak. Thinking 1 sealed, 3 packs (arsenal, Counterstrike, and 1 other)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did the touney turn out anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.