Subject: like the video game ... Unfortunately rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mir Sylvain
France
VIENNE
Unspecified
flag msg tools
First, I am a french player so excuse me if my english is not so good. I have the french version of the Doom BoardGame. I am quite disappointed with Fantasy Flight Games because this expansion looks like some sort of patch we can find for the computer versions of the videogame. More precisely, I think it's a shame that the rules concerning the number of cards the invader player draws each turn has to be fixed and only appears in this expansion.It's quite an important rules for the balance of the game.And it's not the only rule...

What's your opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex

Québec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's bad that they commited errors in the first place, but hey, at least they're trying to fix'em. That can't be said about everyone.

Mieux vaut tard que jamais, comme dirait l'autre...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I believe Fantasy Flight addressed this and other balance issues in its FAQ on their website. This information came out prior to the release of the expansion and was available free of charge. Personally, I have come to accept the expansion aspect of the boardgame hobby. The added figures, modes of play, invader deck etc. makes the Doom expansion a very worthwhile addition to the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's lots of variant rules around to spice up the game.

I would say, if you are or you have experience players, u should follow the rules from first set original rules. Invader draw cards according to the number of players.

Some players find the game is difficult, my players do. so i use the new rules, invader only draw 2 cards in every turn.

it's all up to us on how to play n get the most fun and enjoying the game.

happy dooming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
In addition to the FAQ and other information released by FFG, the rules from the Doom expansion have been available for free for a lot longer than the expansion itself has been available. While it doesn't say good things about FFG's playtesting that any such changes are needed, FFG certainly aren't forcing anyone to buy the expansion to get proper use out of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mir Sylvain
France
VIENNE
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Wraith wrote:
While it doesn't say good things about FFG's playtesting that any such changes are needed, FFG certainly aren't forcing anyone to buy the expansion to get proper use out of the base game.

I agree with the whole the sentence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bugnot
France
Romilly Sur Seine
Aube
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can think of so many games that had below average playtesting... And doom isnt as bad as some of them...

I mean, you ever played heroclix ? I swear you need to read through 200 pages of errata that they never include in new expension\starter sets... and it's a collectable game, it should be much easier to address those problems by including some short precisions sheets in every booster... but no, you have to print the equivalent of the phonebook to play

lol anyway, I got what I want with this expansion : new scenarios, new monsters and replacement dud cards (well actually I wish there was a supershotgun that isnt just a crappy mod)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.