Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I fired up a game of CA last night and we had a few issues/questions that the rules didn't seem super clear about.

1. Round 1 - We played until all creatures were played on, but some had ties and therefore were not eliminated. Do we have to play until a creature is eliminated before proceeding to the next round?

By the end of round 5 only 2 creatures out of the 8 got eliminated. It seemed weird that way.

2. Drawing more than 8 cards. The rules say up to draw/replenish up to 8 cards in your hand. On our 2nd game I think we realized that if we had more than 8 in our hand we were not suppossed to draw anymore until we get below 8. Is that correct? Reason being is that I was the Magus backer and had up to 9 cards in my hand. I would play and then draw again and be back up to 9.

Other than that the game has some cool potential. We're going to try it again tonight when we're less tired. hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. Round 1 - We played until all creatures were played on, but some had ties and therefore were not eliminated. Do we have to play until a creature is eliminated before proceeding to the next round?

IIRC, yes. A creature must be eliminated in order to proceed to the next round. Therefore, you would need to continue the current round until that tie is broken.

Quote:
2. Drawing more than 8 cards. The rules say up to draw/replenish up to 8 cards in your hand. On our 2nd game I think we realized that if we had more than 8 in our hand we were not suppossed to draw anymore until we get below 8. Is that correct? Reason being is that I was the Magus backer and had up to 9 cards in my hand. I would play and then draw again and be back up to 9.

The hand limit is eight, and if you are at that number, you do not draw (unless a special effect allows it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreadnaut wrote:
Quote:

IIRC, yes. A creature must be eliminated in order to proceed to the next round. Therefore, you would need to continue the current round until that tie is broken.

Right. Note that a different creature's value could be set to something lower than the tied creatures' values, so the round could end with the elimination of neither of the creatures previously tied for lowest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, makes much better sense that way (and increases tension too!). Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.