Popular Tags: [View All]
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, after having some time to look over the game in detail. It's starting to look like Command and Colors is going to be an awesome game. I know you need to be a fan of M44 or Battlecry to appreciate this game, BUT have you seen the cool miniatures you could purchase to accompany the game. It takes me back to my childhood of playing cowboys and Indians with plastic figures; except now it's organized. I am most definitely purchasing C&C: Ancients. The question though is when?. Do I wait for more, maybe even better scenarios, more units, different military ages? The possibility is endless!!!

zollo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:
I know you need to be a fan of M44 or Battlecry to appreciate this game...

Huh? Why would you think that? C&C Ancients is entirely self-contained and can be appreciated on its own merits.

Quote:
I am most definitely purchasing C&C: Ancients. The question though is when?. Do I wait for more, maybe even better scenarios, more units, different military ages? The possibility is endless!!!

Buy it now! Buy it twice! Wake the kids and call the neighbors!

Seriously, helping the game to sell well now encourages further expansion. So if you want all the extra stuff (and who doesn't), support the game now. Also, it's likely that future expansions will not be stand-alone products. I would imagine that the C&CA expansions will consist of a booklet with new rules and scenarios, new blocks and stickers for the forces involved, and maybe some new terrain hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Jentoft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan.
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is good as it is now, the scenarios are great.

If you are interested in the game, now's a perfectly fine time to pick it up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dobbins
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
Now! This game is so good the word of mouth will motivate strong sales. Although GMT does a good job reprinting OOP titles, the process is slow! I wouldn't wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed on multiple points.

You don't have to have played BC or Memoirs to like C&C.

If you played those games and really LIKED them, chances are good you will like this.

Definitely more complexity/intricacy than BC. Not a lot harder, but more stuff going on and stuff to think about and use. (It will hold my interest longer than BC did.)

As to the "when," I have to agree that now is a good time. GMThas announced Greeks/Persians is next in the pipeline, but let's face it, not very likely that will be here much sooner than "just in time for Christmas." That is a lot of good fun you could be having right now, and I suspect the support on additional scenarios will be good here too-- as the "first," it is possible that it will get more support than any which follow.

Unless you really don't find Rome v Carthage interesting and really need to save your money to buy Greeks v Persians, I don't see any reason to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what has been said, GMT may have printed more C&C than most of their titles, but that is still a low number compared to most games outside the wargame world.

I also recommend getting this ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine von Hoffman
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestion from a friend of mine: Wait a few months and buy it from another gamer with all the stickers already on it.

Note: I pre-ordered mine and was irritated that I didn't spend a little extra for the express shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cvonh wrote:
Wait a few months and buy it from another gamer with all the stickers already on it.

Granted, that was a chore. Let's hope Greeks and Persians will recycle as many blocks as possible from Rome and Carthage and only add more bows or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you can expect to find ANY blocks recycled from Rome/Carthage. Greeks/Persians will be its own game, playable by people who did not get the first one.

That's my wager, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for responding, I am still on the fence about purchasing this game. I am leaning more towards purchasing it but funds might not allow it. This in itself might decide it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.