4pm - 1
5pm - 1
6pm - 1
7pm - 1

Location - GeekChat, "LIVE Werewolf" Room
Players - Max 11
Mechanics - Basic, with nice roles

Rules

Anyone who has not checked in 30 minutes prior to the game will be dropped.
Roles will not be revealed upon death unless there are enough players to make use of priests.
No PMs during gameplay except to the Mod and for Roles that allow it.
All times are BGG time.

Any Questions for the Mod should be typed in red.
(the mod will put flavor text in blue italics)

If your question needs to be kept secret use spoiler tags and type MOD in caps and in red inside the spoiler tags.

NOTE: Make sure to turn the red off for your question !!

Victory Conditions

Good: All Werewolves are Dead
Evil: Werewolves Achieve Parity

Roles

Not entirely sure right now. It depends on the number of players. Expect a hunter, masons, sorcerer, cultist, bodyguard, etc. dependant on number of players of course !

Good

Seer - Each night, the seer selects a player (by PMing the Mod). The Seer will then be told whether or not that player is a werewolf.
Villagers - These players have no special abilities. They win if the village wins.

Evil

Werewolves - Each night will select someone to be killed. If they can't reach a majority decision, there will be NO KILL. Wolves have unlimited PMs. Make sure to use the GeekChat PMs. Wolves will also send their night kill to the Mod via GeekChat PM.

Day

The Day will be broken into multiple parts:
-Announcement of who was killed
-Discussion
-Nomination
-Final Pleas
-Lynch Vote
-Lynch

Discussion

During the Day players will have approximately 10 minutes for discussion. I will give a warning as we get close to the end of discussion.

I will adjust this if I feel it ought to be longer (or shorter).

Nomination

When I have declared an end to Discussion, the Nomination Period will begin. I will call each of you in turn. When I call your name, you will nominate one of the players for the lynch.

Final Pleas

After all players have made a nomination, it will be time for the final pleas. The two players who recieved the most nominations become the nominees. If there is a tie, then there may be more than two nominees.

Each of the Nominees will have around half a minute to offer a final plee to the mob. I will choose who goes first, second, etc.

Lynch Vote

All (non-nominee) players will then vote, when called on (in turn), for one of the nominees. If there are more than two nominees and there is a tie, then there will be a run-off between the top two nominees (preceeded by new pleas). If there is tie, and there are only two nominees then I, the Mod, will break the tie.

Lynch

The player who recieved the most votes will now be lynched and is out of the game. They are invited to stay and watch the end though, but may not talk.

Night

During the night, I will call out each role who needs to make a night action in turn (regardless of whether that role is still alive or not).

That role should PM me when I call them out.

You may not talk during the night!(Feel free to make table-tapping noises if you want )

After all roles have sent in PMs, I will send out Night Results via PM to the relevant roles.

After that, Daybreak will come and the cycle will continue itself.

Live Bait (err... Players)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)

This should be fun!

If anyone thinks there is a better time for this to be run, or has any other suggestions/comments they would like to make, please do so!

LIVE Werewolf Group Thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/98376

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE Werewolf - Tuesday the 7th, Starts @ 2pm, Sign-up NOW !
If you ever wanna start one up at 4ish BGG time or later, then I can... I will have to miss out on this one... Have fun!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE Werewolf - Tuesday the 7th, Starts @ 2pm, Sign-up NOW !
xandryyte wrote:
If you ever wanna start one up at 4ish BGG time or later, then I can... I will have to miss out on this one... Have fun!!

Who knows ? If enough people would prefer a later start time I might start this around 4pm instead. We'll see. I'm not sure what the best start time is, so I made an educated guess and tried for 2pm. We'll see what people say.

~Royalflush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When ?
When do you guys want to play ?

Just make a post here saying you want to play and tell me what time you would like to start at:

1pm ?
2pm ?
3pm ?
4pm ?
5pm ?
6pm ?
7pm ?

Just tell me which times work for you. Thanks!

~Royalflush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE Werewolf - Tuesday the 7th, Starts @ ??pm, Sign-up
I recommend the format be more like the 9-player short game format rather than the large "vanilla" games. Certainly I would be more likely to play.

I could probably do 1 or 2 BGG time if the game is small. Although I would be subject to availability based on how much I work I am (or am supposed to be) doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE Werewolf - Tuesday the 7th, Starts @ ??pm, Sign-up NOW!
why not the evening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
why not the evening?

Why not ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anonymouse512 wrote:
I recommend the format be more like the 9-player short game format rather than the large "vanilla" games. Certainly I would be more likely to play.

Yeah. I'd have no problem with that. I did want to leave the door open for more players in case this got a large amount of interest though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
jmilum wrote:
why not the evening?

Why not ?

oh, meant later than your posted times 9pm BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Royalflush wrote:
jmilum wrote:
why not the evening?

Why not ?

oh, meant later than your posted times 9pm BGG?

Well, I was just posting a few of the myriad of hours that I thought were most likely to be preferred. If there are other times that work for you please metion those. I'm looking for whatever works for the most people (or at least enough people to start a game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Threnody did this a couple of times in the past, might want to ask her for advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Did I hear my name??

My advice is like Mouse's - 9-player format with PMs. That's the best short game format. Since there is no such thing as voting record in a live game, and also no benefit of real-life body language, runnign a very basic game would be (in my opinion) terribly boring.

I personally gave up on this after about three tries. One time we actually played a game. It was fun, but extremely chaotic. The problem is people simply do not show up at x time on x day for a game, they'll keep showing up in the room long after the start time, so actually plan for the game to start an hour after your posted time, and last 1-2 hours.

My advice: Plan VERY far in advance (like two weeks). Ask people to sign up on the thread and ask them again the day before. I'll be surprised if you get enough people to run this a few days from now, but who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, and I see you have 17 slots. That is way too many. You and everyone playing will want to kill themselves. It will take 5 hours at least. I'd cap it at 11 at the very very most. 9 being ideal, 7 being pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Threnody wrote:
Did I hear my name??

My advice is like Mouse's - 9-player format with PMs. That's the best short game format. Since there is no such thing as voting record in a live game, and also no benefit of real-life body language, runnign a very basic game would be (in my opinion) terribly boring.

I personally gave up on this after about three tries. One time we actually played a game. It was fun, but extremely chaotic. The problem is people simply do not show up at x time on x day for a game, they'll keep showing up in the room long after the start time, so actually plan for the game to start an hour after your posted time, and last 1-2 hours.

My advice: Plan VERY far in advance (like two weeks). Ask people to sign up on the thread and ask them again the day before. I'll be surprised if you get enough people to run this a few days from now, but who knows.

That bad, huh ? Dang. I figured it wouldn't be that difficult... Suggestions noted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE Werewolf - Tuesday the 7th, Starts @ ??pm, Sign-up
I'd even suggest making 7 the preferred number.

1 Wolf
1 "Cobbler-Tinker" (Evil aux that looks like wolf to seer)
1 Sorcerer

1 Seer
1 Hunter
1 Priest
1 Villager

This tends to go noticably faster than 9-player in real life, so I'd guess it would online too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE Werewolf - See the LIVE Werewolf Group Thread Inste
oh, i hadn't seen this thread when I started a very similar one only a few hours later. sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll restate what I sent to jwandke -

I can play, and would be keen to... but have limited opportunities. GF is away currently, so I could play this Tuesday from 8pm UK (2pm BGG) until max midnight UK (6pm BGG).
Similar availability Friday.

GF returns this weekend and would not smile on such participation, so I'll be on gap from then until further notice (ie her next business trip )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.