Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Carter
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-Tees
Cleveland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I should share my recent experiences dealing with the on-line retailer, Spielenet.de, in Germany.
Having happly used them for a couple of years I pre-order Settlers 3D from them last June.
The price was great, €200, and my credit card was charged at the time of order. I later ordered a few smaller games. Subsequently none of games have arrived, and they do not reply to any correspondance. I've now reported them the my credit card company, however as the transaction was over 6 months ago I'm not holding out much hope.
Their site was closed late in 2005 for a few weeks and has re-opened, the 'trusted sites' certificate shown on their main page is 'disabled'. He's started sending out new advertising e-mails and I'm concerned that this guy is now taking money from more people with no intention of fulfilling orders.
I'd be interested to know if anyone has had recent successful dealings with site or have experienced similar issues to myself.
In the mean time I'm off to cry in a corner....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed my first (and last) order with them 3-4 years ago. Although they had all games listed as available it took more than 5 months and numerous e-mails until i got the games... thumbsdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Ouch. That's really painful - that's over $400 if I get you correctly. I really feel for you, man. I mean, it's one thing to get stiffed on one $40 game, a whole different thing to suffer this kind of scam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Carter
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-Tees
Cleveland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, my total loss is around $400 cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
I just want to support Stephen´s warning:

Don´t order from spielenet.de!!!

When I read of Stephen´s problems with them, I offered my help and tried to contact them on his behalf. They don´t react to e-mails and they don´t pick up the phone. I don´t know, propably they are out of business.
But whatever is the case: Do not order from them!
They even got their "trusted shops" membership cancelled last November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Carter
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-Tees
Cleveland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sven,

Thanks for your help with this, some GG on it's way as a 'Thank you'.

Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Carter
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-Tees
Cleveland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already been in touch with credit card co, MBNA. They say Visa rules will not allow charge back on transactions over 6 months old. As I pre-ordered and paid in June they cannot help crycrycry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Carter
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-Tees
Cleveland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talk about rubbing salt into your wounds...I got an e-mail from Spielenet today advertising loads of new releases and they still do not answer their telephone or e-mails !!!!!

Stephen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, well I guess the message that you should chase your credit card people before the 6 months expires is pretty clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.