Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Rio Grande is planning to release the Ys+ expansion for the 5th player in the U.S.?

If not, would the Ys+ expansion as sold by Ystari be compatible with the Rio Grande version?

Is the "official" expansion necessary - rules for 5 players are posted on their website, but it looks like additional cards are required.

Any insights would be appreciated, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
I haven't heard anything either way, but I wouldn't expect it from RGG anytime soon.

Yes, the Ys+ expansion from Ystari is compatible with the RGG edition.

You don't need Ys+; you just need a set of homemade brokers. Ys+ includes a set of blue brokers for a 5th player, plus a bunch of new character cards, some event cards, and a number of other little goodies.

Be careful if you order the Ys gems at the same time; my set was completely missing the yellow gems, and despite promising to send replacements, it's been two months, nothing has shown up, and they aren't responding to my emails inquiring as to the status of the missing gems. It's a shame; I love Ystari's games, but their customer service is putting me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Dear Chris,

Where and when did you sent your mails ?
We always send replacement parts as quick as possible (and we certainly sent you yellow gems if i said it was the case), but i cannot find your e-mails.

Can you please send me a new one, with you address on it ? Maybe there was a problem last time.

Regards,
Cyril

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wegener
United States
Oamaha
NE
flag msg tools
I just saw the expansion on Funagaingames.com today. It has cards and new markers, I think it was around $20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Just as a follow-up, I did eventually receive a set of replacement yellow gems.

It looks like the first one sent went south in the mail, and email disappearance accounts for the "silence" from Ystari.

Cyril was polite and professional through he whole thing; my confidence in Ystari is restored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.