Popular Tags: [View All]
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a session report me and my wife’s first time playing Drive the reprint of Crazy Chicken by Simply Fun. We had decided to try out this game after reading a few reviews and seeing it show up on a number of Geeklist for good / light two player games.
After reading the rules, which only takes a few minutes we started a three round game. During the first round we only caught ourselves a few times not following the rules, mainly drawing two cards from the same deck. I think we played the round a little cautiously, strategically speaking, as we tried to figure out what was the best way to win. The first round ended with drawing the last card. We both ended up with a score of 52.
The second was played a bit quicker and we each took the strategy of trying to lay down only sets that could not be taken. Which meant during the first half of the game we did a lot of drawing and not much laying down of cards. My wife ended up winning the round by playing the 9th and final set. She also ended up playing 6 of the 9 sets and taking a large lead in the scoring department. Score at end of round 2, wife 128 – me 76.
On the third round I tried a different strategy, this time I was going to try and get six sets out as fast as possible in hopes of ending the game quickly. And it almost worked I ended up getting 5 sets out on my side of the board and my wife with none. The largest of my sets was four cards and that was one that I had retaken back from my wife. All I need was a one card from one of two sets to end the game and win. But sadly this did not happen slowly my wife began to take back sets from me. I was able to get a couple back, but in the end not enough to win. My wife ended up ending the round by playing the 9th and final set again. Again she won the round and the game by a final score of 186 to 128.
The total game time took just about 30 minutes.
We both really enjoy the Drive for a few reasons, it is a simple game to learn, it plays pretty quick, requires some skill and a little luck (chaos is good), simple scoring, good quality game pieces, and has a few different strategic approaches to winning. I will agree with everyone who has put this on couples Geeklist as a great game. This game will end up getting played a lot both at home and on camping trips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.