Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick W
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what i think happens...am i right? I want to play a route that is a 2 pink tunnel. Assuming that of the three cards turned over for the tunnel one is a wild and one is a pink, if I...

played 2 wild I have to pay one more wild (can not play a pink)

played 2 pink I have to pay two more of pink and/or wild (can play 2 pink)

played 1 pink and 1 wild I have to pay two more of pink and/or wild (can play 2 pink)

Thanks for helping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given your play above to go through a 2-length pink tunnel:

If you turn over any wild card or pink card in those three cards, you must play extra wild or pink cards - but the mix doesn't matter.

Thus, if you turn over 2 wild cards, you could pay 2 pink, 1 wild one pink, or 2 pink.

If you turn over 2 pink, you could pay 2 pink, 1 wild one pink, or 2 pink.

If you turn over 1 wild and 1 pink, you could pay 2 pink, 1 wild one pink, or 2 pink.

Just consider the wild cards to always match the required color in these cases. So, if two wild cards are turned over, think "2 pink." If you pay 2 more wilds, think "pay 2 more pink."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McF
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick, you are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Patrick is correct. Kima is not correct.

You pay for up-turned cards that match the colour of the set you play, not the colour of the tunnel. A set composed only of locomotives has no colour, so can only be matched by other locomotives (which also have no colour). The downside is, you have to match the colour again with the extra payment, so you have to use more locomotives to do this.

When locomotives are matched with non-locomotives, they effectively take on the colour of the non-locomotives.

The only effect of track colour is to prevent the use of cards of any other colour when claiming that track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.