Popular Tags: [View All]
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this is a foolish question, but if so it's in the right place. When logging games in the Games Played feature, is there any way to log a game that isn't in the database?

I've seen (on geeklists) some generic entries like Unpublished Prototype and Miscellaneous Game Accessory; I guess one could use something like that. (Is there any way to find the generic entries in the database without knowing exactly what they're called?)

The obvious answer would be to add the game to the database, and then be able to log plays, and if it were mine I would, but it's not, and I don't have nearly enough information about it to make a decent entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's a way to log games that aren't in the database, I can't even imagine where it is... I have been using Unpublished Prototype for that sort of thing, and then logging more details in my note for that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is this note of which you speak, in which one can add details? This sounds good, but I don't know how to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you could add the game yourself then log it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would, but I don't own the game in question, and I didn't note down the various details, so I really don't have enough information to create an entry. I tried to google up some info on it, but failed, which wasn't that surprising since the game is new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.