Rehovot
flag msg tools
It says: Love thy gamer
badge
I have nothing smart to say... yet
mbmbmbmbmb
The sheriff used a gatling and by doing that he eliminated
both a deputy and an outlaw. In our case the deputy was
killed first (by the order of the players - clockwise)
so he had to lose all the cards in his hand, when the outlaw
was eliminated (a second later, in the same turn) he took
three cards from the closed deck.

Is it the right way to do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Harris
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Gatling used by the sheriff eliminated a deputy and an o
I believe that is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vecere
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Where in the rules does it say that a player, loses there cards when they die? While the first play card(gatling gun) is in play. I thought the gatling could play out as all players get hurt, unless you have a miss. Everone except the Sherif in this game, would have to play a miss card. Then if that player is alive, they can resume turn order. Everyone dead would hold on to there cards.(as in "ghost town" expansion card)I'm at a loss....please explain...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
When the Sheriff kills a deputy -

then the Sheriff must discard all cards he has in hand and all cards in play (ie on the table in front of him).

In the situation above, Sheriff played Gatling. The first player killed (guess they had a single bullet left and had neither a missed card nor beer - so they died) is revealed to be a deputy. Therefore as a penalty, the Sheriff loses all his cards. The next player also couldn't play a missed card and is killed and revealed to be an outlaw. As a reward, the Sheriff (as the outlaw killer) gets 3 cards as a reward.

The timing is important (hence the question that started this thread) as if the players had been killed the other way around (Outlaw first, then deputy) - the sheriff would have drawn 3 cards reward but then lost them (and the rest of his hand) for killing the deputy.

As for dead characters losing their hands - in the rules, under Eliminating a character - When a player is eliminated from the game, he shows his role and discards all the cards he has in his hand and in play.

This is at the top of the fifth page of the rules. The penalties/rewards for killing deputies/outlaws is just under this paragraph. Both are just above END OF THE GAME

As for the "Ghost Town" - dead players can come to life - but they draw 3 cards at the start of their turn (instead of the normal 2) and play with those cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
This user is a professional crastinator
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
The timing is important

I'd rather say the order of the players sitting at the table.

I wonder how this situation is handled with the "Gold Rush" High Noon card in play, as it switches the turn order to counter-clockwise, but does not affect the order for the dynamite and "General Store".
RPardoe wrote:
As for the "Ghost Town" - dead players can come to life - but they draw 3 cards at the start of their turn (instead of the normal 2) and play with those cards.

Except for Bill Noface and Pixie Pete, who draw 5 and 4 cards respectively.

BTW, the sheriff must have been quite stupid in this situation risking to lose all his cards due to killing his own deputy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
What bugs me is how wouldn't a sheriff know who his deputy is? zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobra1 wrote:
What bugs me is how wouldn't a sheriff know who his deputy is? zombie

A good renegade may disguise as a deputy.
I even disguised as deputy when i played an outlaw a few times and shouted a tequila for the sheriff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
but i thot the penalty and reward (3 cards) apply only when you directly eliminate a player using the Bang card, and not thru the Gatling or Indians cards (or did we play it wrong?).

The Indians/Gatling is an event card ie. indians attack and if you do not have a Bang card, you lose a life point. So an outlaw happened to be killed it's by the "event", do I still get the 3 free cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
jack208 wrote:

The Indians/Gatling is an event card ie. indians attack and if you do not have a Bang card, you lose a life point. So an outlaw happened to be killed it's by the "event", do I still get the 3 free cards?

If YOU initiated the "Event" then you get the 3 free cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
jack208 wrote:

You played the card and the result was that a player was eliminated. Therefore, you get any rewards or penalties for playing the card.

The only card (in the base game) that does not trigger rewards/penalites is Dynamite as explained in the rules. Elimination by Dynamite is not considered caused by a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YOU use the gatling gun to fire a salvo at all players & YOU bribe the indians with firewater.

I think the reason why the dynamite doesn't count, is, that you probably forget who played after passing a few rounds around the table.
(Besides, with the Dodge City expansion you get a second dynamite.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
When the Sheriff kills a deputy -

then the Sheriff must discard all cards he has in hand and all cards in play (ie on the table in front of him).

Oops, missed that rule when we played today. As the Sheriff, I took out a deputy. To be fair he had just shot the other deputy, so I really did think he was an outlaw...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.