Popular Tags: [View All]
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing Railroad Tycoon with an ODD number of players, you can rest assured that the player left in their own territory (wherever that is) will win. I've seen it happen a few times where two players are in the North-East, two around Chicago, and one left down near Charleston. The player left alone wins.

If you have an odd number of players, take notice and do what you can to prevent a run-away. Anyone else have comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Brown
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My last game was a five player game. Oddly enough, there were two of us in the SE, two in the midwest, and one by herself in the NE. I won by a very wide margin, and I was in the SE. Mostly this is because I scored most of the green circle cards, but I also had four 7-link deliveries and one 8-link.

The person left alone in the NE was essentially boxed in, and she never did better than a four or five point delivery.

I've found that the obvious is that the person who gets the lion's share of the freebie points (green circle cards) wins the game. I've now managed to win in every corner of the board (except the southwest, but who could win down there). I've won when left alone, and I've won in hotly contested areas. But in every win, I was the one who picked up most of the bounties, major lines, and startup bonuses.

When I introduce the game to new players, I always say, "The book says DO NOT let one player dominate the Northeast, but I say DO NOT let one player get more than 3 of the bonuses."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.