Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on a game and to start with I want to write on regular playing cards. Is there a marker that works better than others on cards? I was hoping to avoid marking up a bunch of cards only to find out I had chosen the wrong type of marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I usually use a fine Sharpie permanent marker. They seem to work well, and I expect the ink would last longer than, say, using a felt-tip marker, or even a ball-point pen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they'd work, but wanted to check first. Thanks for the help.

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I used a pair of sharpies when fashioning a temporary holdover Tichu deck. The ink of the black sharpie held up a lot better than the ink of the red sharpie. There's some slight flaking of the black, but the red is almost half gone. And this deck was only used for 2 hands!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.