Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know exactly what will be different in the Front series games.

From what I can gather from reading their ad text, 1) the rules will remain the same; 2)the stickers will be improved, but use the same symbology; 3) the counters will be improved; and 4) the biggest change seems to be new maps which will incorporate all the expansions and fit together squarely (the value of this part cannot be overstated!).

I would love to see some sample counters.
Since the counters are being improved, what's different about them?
Will the new stickers fit on the old counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.columbiagames.info/eurofront-2-faq/ says you can reuse your old blocks.

Although "the rules aren't changing," I thought I read somewhere that there are substantial changes to the exit zone rules. That's fine with me; I wasn't a huge fan of those rules anyway.

The addition of the mideast stuff looks interesting too. (I wonder if they'll have any scenarios to go with that stuff. Although, having Rommel in the Desert, I've never actually played the MedFront North Africa Campaign.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Voorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
http://www.columbiagames.info/eurofront-2-faq/ says you can reuse your old blocks.

Good. I would find it a real waste if this were not the case. It's not cheap this all, you know.

Quote:
Although "the rules aren't changing," I thought I read somewhere that there are substantial changes to the exit zone rules. That's fine with me; I wasn't a huge fan of those rules anyway.

Very artificial. I always thought it might be better to just remove the halved hexes (make it unplayable territory).

Quote:
I wonder if they'll have any scenarios to go with that stuff. Although, having Rommel in the Desert, I've never actually played the MedFront North Africa Campaign.

I play it (MedFront, that is) more often that EastFront because it's much shorter (mostly due to the fewer units). It's kind of exiting, but much more luck-dependent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.