Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone who has played the Musket & Pike series from GMT (This Accursed Civil War, Sweden Fights On, Under the Lily Banner) can tell from experience if they play well solitaire. I am an experienced chit and hex wargamer and soloist. I know that not all GMT games really do play well solitaire despite the high ratings some games are labelled with by the publisher.

I really want to think that they are good solitaire but would appreciate a comment or two from someone who has played them solo. cool

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Rytty
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not worry, they are great solitaire. The command system takes care of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kirschenbaum
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with everything above. They solitaire just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, really appreciate the input.

BTW, Pat we are kindred spirits of a sort. I noticed that you cut your wargaming teeth with your father playing Stalingrad. My father bought the game for some unknown reason (he wasn't a gamer per se) and never played it. I found it in a closet in '73 and learned to play it with a friend. My life has truly been the richer for my gaming experiences ever since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.