Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several dragons have powers that ask the player with the strongest flight (disregarding current player) to pay an amount, give up a card, etc.

If you play one of these cards as the first card in a gambit, so no one else has a flight begun, do you forefeit the benefit?

Or do you break the tie by selecting a player to give you something? (In a 2-player game, do you force the other player to give you goodies?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that if your's is the only flight, most cards say that the 'opponent with the strongest flight' and some are addressed in the back of the manual as saying you do not count your own flight when seeing who has the strongest flight.

In the case where you are the only one with a 'flight', everyone else is tied for the strongest flight so you may pick from anyone who you trigger against.

I'm not sure if I was very clear.

Bottom line: don't count yourself, and you choose between ties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you get to choose between your opponents if 2 or more have the same flight strength. In this case, the flight strength is zero.

And also correct, you don't count your own flight.

If you are starting the gambit and no one else has started their flight, there are other cards where you will forfeit its special power, such as the Dragonslayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.