Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am one of the few owner-makers of the Kronberger Spiele game "Tricky Tiles" designed by Roland and Tobias Goslar. Does anyone know what became of the game?

Tricky Tiles was a tile placing game similar to Blokus but the shapes were based on triangles rather than squares. Tricky Tiles had been listed on BGG, but is not listed any longer. At the Kronberger Spiele site, what had been a series of pages on Tricky Files (including files for printing out the game) is now gone. What remains is a short page in German, but I can not read German. http://www.kronberger-spiele.de/eng/tricky/tricky.html

My assuption was they were bought out or forced out by Blokus because of their pending release of Blokus-Trigon. Trigon appears, in the ads I have seen, to be pretty much the same as Tricky Tiles.

I'm curious as I have been following the game since I made it and because our family has enjoyed playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forced off seems to be my first thought.

There was a thread on Spielfrieks about it earlier in the week (Educational Insights forcing them to stop the game due to copyright infringements), and I am assuming that would be the reason it dissapeared so quickly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah. They discovered Educational Insights published the idea first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forced off is what it seems to me as well.

I went to BabelFish and translated the paragraph on Tricky Tiles; it's poor translation was:

"Another publishing house could insure us convincingly that it bought a play idea, which is very close at our play at an earlier time. We withdraw our play and would like hereby all, which downloaded themselves files of the play of our website, ask that they do not pass on or make these available in the InterNet somehow"

Thanks, Yollege, for your quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sergeant
United States
Burlington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tricky Tiles was the one that was free for download right?

I've got the file on my desktop, I just haven't printed it yet, glad I got it when I could I guess, it looks cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also one of the few who made a Tricky Tiles game of my own and really enjoyed it, so the good news is that it's going to be produced. I feel bad for the Goslars though, since theirs was the first version on the scene. And the picture of Blokus Trigon at FunAgain doesn't look like it has the different board set-up for each number of players. I thought that was a very good idea in the same vein as Ingenious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forced off is correct but not by Educational Insights.

Roland Goslar stated in the Games Developer Forum of Spielbox.de that it was actually Sekkoia who convinced them that they were first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.