Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The site belongs to a Brazilian publisher and is in Portuguese, but they say the game is in English and show a different box format. Also, the page bears the logo of Wizards of the Coast, not Avalon Hill. What they do not say is "when".

UPDATE: Since someone resurrected the thread, I think it's worth saying that the game has never been released by Devir and all info has been removed from their site long ago. (I removed the link from this post, as it became broken.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks identical to the old edition. Why would they bother to reprint a phantom menace boardgame, when there is so much they could do with the revenge of the sith liscence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Sorry if this sounds disappointing, but the image above looks EXACTLY like the rulebook for the original version. Not like a new box format.

Thanks for calling my attention to that! Silly of me not to check it out! Indeed, it is the rulebook, without the bottom part.

You are probaly correct about Hasbro, but I'm not disappointed at all. I own the game and, frankly, I don't care if they reprint it or not. I just wanted to share the news. Now if it was an updated version of "Epic Duels", including characters from "Revenge of the Sith" (Grievous, at least) that would be something.

Anyway, the game is on Devir website, and it must be there for some reason. Unfortunately, they are a terrible company when it comes to communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejamer wrote:
GSReis wrote:
Now if it was an updated version of "Epic Duels", including characters from "Revenge of the Sith" (Grievous, at least) that would be something.

Mmm... I wish! Epic Duels is awesome, and to update it with additional "official" characters would be great.

Cheers,

Sadly, the hubbub of the movies has passed and Hasbro didn't think a new version would sell in enough numbers to warrant a release. To be fair to them, it's not hard to recall Epic Duels clogging up store shelves at $5 a pop....it's one of those things that people didn't realize was so good until after they were gone. I know that if I hadn't found a copy on clearance, I probably would have never tried it.

Queen's Gambit was so heavily themed and tied in to the first film there's simply no way we'll ever see that one again. That's a pity, because The Queen's Gambit is GREAT. Truly a Star Wars fan's dream.

So looks like the only way to get a good SW boardgame fix (without having to chase down collectible components a la Wizards' Star Wars Minis game) is to hit up ebay for a copy of Epic Duels and The Queen's Gambit. They are both totally worth it for a Star Wars fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that The Queen's Gambit is a great little game and even more suprising is the fact that there's been a copy of it gathering dust on the shelf of my local games shop for the last 3 years or more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="panzer-attack"there's been a copy of it gathering dust on the shelf of my local games shop for the last 3 years or more![/q]

Here too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 copies in shrinkwrap at my local gamestore in Athens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Ashforth
United Kingdom
Stockport
cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the copyright notices on there appear to be 2001, which probably means that page is 4-5 years old.

Those who can get this game, do so - I've been after it for the better part of 6 months, and finally managed to get one on Ebay that arrived this morning. £55 for a second hand copy (and they do go for more than that) is enough to convince me that it's worth buying a shrink-wrpped version as an investment if you get chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm... are either of you folks with a lingering copy of QG at a local store willing to pick one up and ship it (all expenses paid, of course)? I've been wanting this game but a complete copy on ebay goes for around $100.00, which is more than I'm willing to pay.

Edit: Actually, this request probably just goes out to Paul. I imagine internation shipping rates for this game would be pretty high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abner Niedermayer
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it still there? How much do they want for it? What's a game store? Sadly, I haven't seen one around here since the internet. ABNer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abner Niedermayer
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the 5 copies still there? How much do they want for it? What's a game store? Sadly, I haven't seen one around here since the internet. ABNer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed the one in the shop near Paul for $48.00+tax. Sadly, it was missing one of the bags of pieces (fortunately there were only a few pieces in that bag). The game was clearly new unopened, so it was probably a packaging error at the manufacturer. The owner is going to try and find me replacement parts (AH is no longer providing replacement parts for the game, of course). Until then I can sub in pieces from other games to make do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Burton
United States
Ft. Carson,
Colorado
flag msg tools
So is anyone in this thread holding their breath still for a reprint? LOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Burton wrote:
So is anyone in this thread holding their breath still for a reprint? LOL!

I'd rather not die.

I am wishing for one though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy flight games + Star Wars license = maybe, hopefully?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:

Alas, not really, since Hasbro still has the license for board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
jedimusic wrote:

What have Hasbro done with this board game license over the past decade, that warrants holding on to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
locherbread wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
jedimusic wrote:

What have Hasbro done with this board game license over the past decade, that warrants holding on to it?

Well, the two Star Wars Risk games came out in 2005 and 2006. Granted, that's still 8 years, but you did say "decade"

But other than that, who knows, other than "they are Hasbro and do what they want."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locherbread wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
jedimusic wrote:

They are holding on to it because new movies are coming and they are going to cash in on it.

Plus, Star Wars is one of most well known IPs worldwide, so holding onto the board game rights is more than worth the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is actually making a Star Wars board game now - Imperial Assault. Clearly Hasbro no longer holds exclusive rights in this are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Culp
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffk wrote:
FFG is actually making a Star Wars board game now - Imperial Assault. Clearly Hasbro no longer holds exclusive rights in this are?

I dont think he as referring to Hasbro holding exclusive rights to Star Wars board games in general. I think he meant that Hasbro holds the publishing rights to the "Star Wars: Queens Gambit" board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.