Popular Tags: [View All]
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you draw a card that raises the Terror Level such as "Terrible Experiment". It goes to ten. There's no more monster limit anymore, but there were some monsters in the outskirts when this happened.

What happens to them? Do they:

1) Remain in the outskirts?
2) Get returned to the cup?
3) Run back to Arkham and terrorize people there?
4) Something else?

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re: Terror Level Going to 10 via Card rather than Monster Dr
I don't think that it'd make sense to "freeze them" in the Outskirts (option #1) and I wouldn't know where to place them (option #3) so I'd simply return them to the cup (option #2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hazard
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't specify removing them, so I leave them there. Just happened last night. I had seven monsters in the outskirts, terrible experiment happened, and the monster limit breached. But the only thing that makes monsters leave the outskirts, as I understand it, is when they is one monster over the limit there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JGT
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quik_Fix wrote:
The rules don't specify removing them, so I leave them there. Just happened last night. I had seven monsters in the outskirts, terrible experiment happened, and the monster limit breached. But the only thing that makes monsters leave the outskirts, as I understand it, is when they is one monster over the limit there.

Agreed. (Closing Gates also affects similar-symboled creatures in the Outskirts.) The rules effectively "leave them there".

My gang's House Rule puts them back in the cup. In our story terms, once the Ancient One's presence tops out the Terror Level, all monsters that "left town" will eventually find their way back to the focus of the disturbance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hazard
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason I would leave them there is the game mechanic that states something goes wrong when the monster cup is empty (don't remember what), and putting them back would affect that mechanic.

Of course, I'm also regularly accused of being anal retentive...wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re: Terror Level Going to 10 via Card rather than Monster Dr
Quik_Fix wrote:
The only reason I would leave them there is the game mechanic that states something goes wrong when the monster cup is empty (don't remember what), and putting them back would affect that mechanic.

From FAQ 1.1
The Ancient One also awakens if a monster should be drawn from the monster cup, but there are no monsters in the cup.
The Ancient One also awakens if the terror level has reached 10 and there are monsters in play equal to twice the normal monster limit (for example, 16 monsters in a five-player game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quik_Fix wrote:

Another good reason is when there are very strong monsters in the outskirts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.