Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think its easy for people to find answer if i put the title in the subject rather then keep all my question in one threed.

im playing as i think of these questions..

I've character thats good with the bow/sight helmit skill (whatever the name is)

2 treasure cards
1) bow of bone +3 to helmit skill attacks allways on
2) Great bow activate to do +1 dam

rules allow me to have 2 weapons, but 2 bow in 1 combat seem wrong on a roleplay view.
it would let me do three damage! enought to kill alot of things..

A)do you see each card as a seperate weapon and dissallow the use of 2 weapons of the same type

or

b)think as the great bow as an enchament to my bone bow and it now a +3 to hit +1 damage bow?

or

c)
as you can only have 1 armour i think it should state only use one weapon each weapon type in a combat
I could have 2 bows but need to decide which one im using before combat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed that two bows makes no thematic sense, still it is allowed by the rules. There's an optional though isn't there that restricts this further? If you don't like it, make it a house rule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1.2 FAQ addressed this. If the concept of using 2 items that seems to conflict, consider the two cards to represent one super-enchanted item.arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
It counts as one item. Astarra had a Great Bow of Bone in my session report:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/80185

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel de la Casa
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to think of the second bow (the one dealing more damage) as a quiver full of magic arrows.

Gamewise, dealing three damage in one blow is very good, but it's not game-breaking at all.

It's funny though that the bow dealing more damage is cheaper, when I think it's more powerful. I understand the reason has to do with that bow being good only for a few characters, but I don't think that reason is good enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Orr
United States
Medical Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's cheaper because it has to be activated; so you can only use it once per combat.

-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.