Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodafternoon,

We've just been playing Chizo and it seems like a great game... Now we only need to give it a few more plays to really understand what's going on ;-)
During play, some q's reared their head :
1. is it 'required' to have 4 tiles in a square before being allowed to initiate an attack? Any attack for that matter? Or with an example : if my opponent plays a creature of his own to my starting creature, can I attack him immediately the next turn? (with just these 2 tiles on the table)
2. am I allowed to attack 'compatible' creatures of another player?
3. and finally, depending on the answer to Q2 : am I allowed to attack my own 'incompatible' creatures?

thanks a lot for any help
/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some answers to your questions:

1. You can attack any of your opponent's creatures that are orthagonally adjacent (up/down/left/right but not diagonal) to your attacking creature. There is no requirement for a minimum number of creatures on the table. However, you do have to place a tile from your hand face down on the table to initiate the attack. If you have no tiles in your hand you would not be able to initiate an attack.

Remember, when you place (or cause a tile to move into place) the final tile in a square of 4 animals and those animals are all compatible with each other you remove the 4 animals from the table and place them in your scoring stack giving you 4 points.

2. You can attack any of your opponent's creature and obstacles. Again, the only requirements are that your attacking creature is orthagonally adjacent to the defending creature and that you discard a tile facedown as a cost to initiate the battle.

Note: Compatibility is primarily important for creating scoring squares.

3. You can not attack your own creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.