Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Morey
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just brought a couple of starter sets for this game and think it's amazing. Having played a test game by myself I found a number of questions come up which have mostly been answered already by previous posts, except one (so far).

According to the rules, the charging combat modifier is awarded to a unit that has the Close standing order, was not engaged at the start of the turn, and is attacking to it's front.

Does this mean if my troops charge the enemy, who have the Close standing order, in the front, then both sets of troops will receive the bonus? This would simulate two sets of troops charging towards each other, however previous games I've played would only award the attacker the bonus.

I just have to say that I've already order the reinforcements for the ork and men starters and the undead army,as well as both sets for the undead. Can't wait for the elf army.

Hopefully when the historical sets are done they will have armies from the penisular war. Muskets and cannons, I wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dan_morey wrote:
Does this mean if my troops charge the enemy, who have the Close standing order, in the front, then both sets of troops will receive the bonus?

Yes. This makes sense, as, if you have two units moving toward each other, it's essentially arbitrary which one happens to engage the other on its own turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,

Yes, you've got it exactly right. If both units are on Close and not previously engaged it's assumed that they both rush towards each other, even if only one player's units physically move on the table. I know other games don't work that way but in our opinion that's just silly...we're trying to simulate battle in a turn-based sequence but battle itself isn't turn-based.

Glad you like Battleground! You should join our Yahoo group -- there are a lot of interesting discussions there as well as some sneak peeks at new factions as they go to print.

Best regards,
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.