Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
old bag
United States
Unspecified
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't decide which one, Cloud 9 or For Sale. So thought I'd come here and look for votes from my fellow Geeks on which to play later with my husband and son who just turned 7. We have not played either game so please let me know which one you'd go with, thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Both can get a bit nasty, but from your ratings comments, you seem to be used to mitigating those effects in games. Both require the same skill sets (risk evaluation, bluffing, memory), but they play very differently. I would suggest you get both, because 1) you can never have enough good, quick games, 2)one of them is certain to be a hit with your family. Maybe both. But you won't know until you try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloud 9 for kids

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old bag
United States
Unspecified
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
Both can get a bit nasty,
yikes surprise

Well the wee man is in a great mood so wish us luck and hope that that we don't ruin it gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Diamant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harris
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
old bag,

I own both of these games and have played both with children(I am a teacher).

Cloud 9: Played with three 2nd grades the other day and they absolutely loved it. A fourth grader asked me to play it last week (he enjoyed it so much the last time we played) but I was unable to (I was playing a game of Attika with 6th grade girls believe it or not). This one plays excellent with adults looking for something light and easy too. If it seems a little long you can always shorten the winning goal number to 30 or 40.

For Sale: I played three straight sessions with a group of 4th of 6th graders recently. They all enjoyed it and were laughing at the pictures on the cards. This one does seem to lean to a slightly older crowd do to the bidding mechanic and selling of houses at the end of the game. My top play in Jan. and consistently top 5 filler game.

Conclusion:

Buy Cloud 9 for your child and for you when you want a light filler
Buy For Sale for you when you want a light filler and your child when they get a little older (though I am sure they could play it now too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that you are hoping to play a game with your son, I would suggest Cloud 9. It's a fun game, with a "push your luck" factor in it, and it ought to entertain your family quite a bit.

For Sale requires slightly more thought, which is a good thing too. Because the game is played in two distinct phases, it'll take once or twice to grasp the game, and I fear your son may have lost interest by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diamant is actually a great suggestion. It's sorta like Cloud 9, but more streamlined, which means it's more accessible (easier for kids to learn) and also packs more of a punch.

For Sale is a great game, but probably not so great for a 7yo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloud 9 would be better for your son, but For Sale is much better for grown ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old bag
United States
Unspecified
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended up doing For Sale!! Son saw the money on the back of the box and that appealed to him, he LOVES money and saving it. So I warned him that he'd have to spend it to win it back. The very first game he spent it all too quick and was not too happy, but he still came second which surprised him. We played 4 rounds as we each won one and by the tie breaker he had figured when to pass and laughed his head off to win the smelly old box. I was dead proud of him!! It is great to have a brand new fluff/filler game to play, what great fun for all.

Thanks so much for posting all the help on this, now I cant wait to play Cloud 9 with him.

Diamant is a game I'd love to have, just wish TWS or TH carried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.