United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,
Can you see the board colours?

One my my gaming group is partially colour blind and has no chance of seeing the difference between any of the blue/purple components - even if the printing had been better! So I have converted them all to orange.

I have uploaded a 'sticker sheet.' Print this onto stickers (darken it a bit if you can through your printer settings), and you can trim them to convert all the blue cities on the board and new city counters.

I scrubbed the dark blue locos, undercoated them with Games Workshop white, and then resprayed with Humbrol orange hobby spray paint. The result is excellent.

For orange cubes, I have bought some 10mm cubes from www.spielmaterial.de. Yet to arrive, but If I don't like the orange match then I'll reach for the spray again...

I hope this helps someone. It was worth the effort and Railroad Tycoon is a seriously good game.

Andrew
aka Battlepuppy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Siebel
Germany
Schwalbach
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Andrew,

thanks for the great post! I am myself partially colour blind and I encountered exactly the same problem with the game board and the cubes. Eagle Games promised to design some stickers to solve the problem (see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/84348 ), but until now it is not done. I did not find your sticker sheet in the upload section, maybe it has still to be approved, but I am looking forward to seeing them. Great work anyway, thanks for sharing!

All the best
Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Martin,

The sticker file has been submitted and is in the queue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.