Subject: Acquisitions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
IN
Indiana
flag msg tools
The quotes pretty much sum up my question:

(Under 4. Acquisitions - first paragraph, last line)
Quote:

Players get multiple chances but may only acquire one company per round.

Then in the last paragraph:
Quote:

A player may acquire multiple companies in one acquisition phase, provided they have enough slots.

I think I like the latter better, but there may be some balance issues playing it like that. Is there any official word on this, or am I missing something again? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
IN
Indiana
flag msg tools
OK, nevermind - I figured it out...A round is a part of a phase which is a part of a turn. I was taking a round to be a full turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to make sure I was getting this right.

During the acquisition phase you go round the players in turn order from the starting player, each player taking a turn in which they may acquire a new company (if there is one available and if they have a slot free) or pass. Therefore a player may acquire multiple companies in that phase, but one per turn. This goes on until there is no companies left or everyone has passed.

So:

Player 1: Acquire
Player 2: Acquire
Player 3: Pass
Player 2: Pass
Player 1: Pass

is a valid round.

(Edit: corrected "round the table" to "player order" as per below)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in a turn order, not around the table.
otherwise correct.

PeterM2158 wrote:

During the acquisition phase you go round the table from the starting player, each player taking a turn in which they may acquire a new company (if there is one available and if they have a slot free) or pass. Therefore a player may acquire multiple companies in that phase, but one per turn. This goes on until there is no companies left or everyone has passed.

So:

is a valid round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
marliv wrote:
in a turn order, not around the table.
otherwise correct.

PeterM2158 wrote:

During the acquisition phase you go round the table from the starting player, each player taking a turn in which they may acquire a new company (if there is one available and if they have a slot free) or pass. Therefore a player may acquire multiple companies in that phase, but one per turn. This goes on until there is no companies left or everyone has passed.

So:

is a valid round.

Yes of course, silly me. I will correct my original entry so no one else gets confused. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.