Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
I’m looking for a few groups that would be interested in further testing out a card-driven politics game set during the end of the Roman Republic. Players take on the roles of the leading politicians of the time (Caesar, Pompey, Cicero, Cato, Crassus) attempting to expand their political influence in the ten year time frame leading up to the crossing of the Rubicon.

The game is medium-heavyweight; plays 2-5 player (though it’s best with 4-5) takes between 4-5 hours and is aimed at the strategy-games crowd. Those familiar with Republic of Rome will see some similarities, though it is much more “euroized” with a built in card-driven engine (ala Napolonic Wars or Successors). It is not a wargame, though fighting wars is an aspect of the game. The primary mechanics are negotiation, political and area-control.

I will send a kit that will include *almost* everything needed to playtest the game. Due to the cost of the playtest kit I will ask that you be positive you can get in two games in the next 4-5 months with 4-5 other players. The game is out of alpha stages (after many games) and ready for more extensive feedback.

Feel free to contact me here via geekmail or at my email address: velusion(at)sbcglobal.net if you are interested. Posting to this thread is not required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for all those that responded. If you sent me a message and I missed it please let me know. Though I currently seem to have enough testers, if anyone else really wants to give it a go feel free to mail me.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.