Subject: Through a region without attack the city rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyrus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I need to know if I can through a region with enough units to conquer the enemy city without conquer it? For example, to attack an other city behind it with a temple.
Same question, can I stay in this region?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes (as long as there are no enemy units of the same kind present there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
To still add the rule support for actaion's correct answer:

It is clear on p. VI of the English rules that the second phase after movement, the conquest phase, is completely voluntary. The rules say "After all movements and battles are done a nation may decide to conquer hostile cities. [emphasis mine]"
(The wording in the German original is a little less clear, by the way, but still.)
In addition, the example on the right side of the same page mentions that the player "wants to conquer Tarraco", he doesn't need to if he doesn't want to.

So you a) only decide about conquest after you finished your entire movement and you may b) decide against conquest - either against all conquest or against the conquest of only a particular city while conquering others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers.
I've got the french version. And it's not really clear in the rules. But there are approximatively the same sentences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a few times on Yucata (quite a while ago) and picked up a copy recently. I don't have the rules in front of me (at work), but I'm not sure if this question is answered in the rules:

If I move units into a city space with enemy units and decide no to conquest, does a standard conflict occur with legions and galleys cancelling each other out at 1:1?

I'm thinking yes, but would like a confirmation.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have to fight legions and galleys when in the same territory. It is only when no opposing armies are left that you have the option to fight a city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
Yes, you have to fight legions and galleys when in the same territory. It is only when no opposing armies are left that you have the option to fight a city.
Just noting that this obligation only applies if they are the same type (e.g. legion vs legion). Your legion must coexist in the same territory as your opponent's galley without any combat, unless they are fighting for a city.

From the last page of the rules:

A direct battle between a legion and a galley is not possible. They can only come into conflict when a city is conquered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls