Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I read the rules a couple times today, and we got a dry-run on the game in tonight, and I have to say, it most closely resembles Oh Pharaoh to me! Here is why;

Similar Objectives;
Bohnanza - Collect Bean cards, place them, score them.
Oh Pharaoh - Collect stones, place them, score them.

Similar Mechanics;
Bohnanza - Trade for the beans you need, negotiate, haggle.
Oh Pharaoh - Trade for the stones you need, negotiate, haggle.

The differences are things like Bohnanza you can't relocate cards, and don't have special "Power" action cards, etc. In Oh Pharaoh your hand layout matters not, and you have action/power cards to screw opponents.

But in general, it "Feels" quite similar to me, which is a *GREAT* thing for me, as I rank Oh Pharaoh a 9 at this point. Bohnanza is fluffier, has less options, and lacks the screwage and diversity of Oh Pharaoh, but has a unique hand limitation aspect I like so far.. Both have similar game duration.

I need more plays in Bohnanza to formulate any opinion on it, but so far I like it. I'm hoping it will have a place on my shelf by virtue of having a different hand mechanic than Oh Pharaoh - which I quite like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.