Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
My 5yo nephew just asked if we could play Bang! Unfortunately, I'm pretty bored of Bang! so I suggested another shooting game, Sitting Ducks Gallery. It's a pretty cute game which invents a new level of king-making, so you can't afford to take it too seriously. However, it's pretty good for kids.

Players: Me, 9yo son, 10yo niece, 5yo nephew.

I explained the rules to niece and nephew. Nephew suggested that having to remember what all those cards did because you can't read sounded hard, but I reminded him that he can play Bang! and it wasn't as hard as that. I started with no ducks in the line, which was a relief, but a quick Duck Shuffle sorted that out, and I had plenty of targets. As the recognised Biggest Threat, I was almost always targetted.

Nephew showed a degree of altruism not entirely in keeping with the game by twice protecting his sister's ducks with Bottoms Up, when he could have protected himself. Maybe he's just a sweetie? I was merciless in my killing of ducks, knowing that (a) I was being picked on anyway, and (b) the sooner I kill all the ducks, the sooner the game finishes and the happier the kids will be. Niece was killed (but not eliminated), nephew was killed (but not eliminated), leaving son with one duck and me with two. After losing three ducks early, I had had a lucky run with my other two ducks being the last in the pile. When my two did come out, I was able to switch both of them to the front then advance the line so they'd escaped quickly.

However, once the first two kids were eliminated, the gallery consisted of 5 blank spaces, then my son's duck, then the Duck Deck with both of mine in it. They played the Duck Shuffle (everyone sing along!) and one of mine got killed. That left my duck and my son's next to each other, so I hid behind him. It was a foolproof plan...

My son figured out what to do. He advanced to the front of the gallery, then niece advanced the line, which left me in the last spot in the gallery and son in the Duck Deck. Son targeted the last two spots in the gallery, so that I was targeted. I advanced the line so that both of us were in the gallery, and both were targeted. Niece couldn't bear to win the game for either of us, so she targeted another spot. My sweetie 5yo nephew shot me down...

Son jumped up and down, niece sang the Duck Shuffle song, nephew practiced his shooting. They all ran away to do something else. Nobody cried, game was successful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.