Krishna Sampath
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
OM | Cal alum | Trekkie | BGG! | Crosswords | Lawyer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, so my friends and I attempted to play this and came away confused and irritated, unable to figure out how to make the scoring work.

As I understand it -- no one scores AT ALL until one team gets all ten right. Then, the team that got all ten right scores the number of points indicated on the left (meaning you get points based on how many rounds are left).

This seems like it would be an extremely long game. It's also somewhat frustrating in that there seems to be no easy way to figure out which ones you got wrong and what the answers are....

Any thoughts?

-K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just got the game for $6.00 on Tanga and read the rules last night. It sounds like you have it about right.

No team scores until 1 team has gotten 10 perfect answers on the same card. You have 10 rounds to do this. After each round starts, you are told by the opposing team how many you have right but not which ones. Soyou must decide as a team which are good answers and which are not.

At the beginning of each round, each team gets to ask the opposing team for the answer to any question. Since you can't do this on the first round, you basically get 9 of the 10 answers free if it takes you that long.

Once one team gets all 10 questions right, they score points based on the number of rounds left over. So if you finish the perfect 10 in Round 3, you get 7 points (might be 8 since I don't have the board in front of me). Then the other team ALSO scores based on the 1st team's score minus their wrong answers. So if Team 1 got 7 points for getting to 10 first and Team 2 was sitting there with 1 wrong answer, they get 6 points. If Team 2 had 7 wrong answers, then they would get 0 points.

Once one team reaches the 10 answers, a new card is put in place and play continues. Whoever reaches the end first wins. Looks like it will take maybe 3-5 cards to finish a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played with the scoring rules. We just play the best out of 3 or 5. If both players get all of the questions right at the same time, then both players get a point. If this causes both players to reach the goal, then play until the next player gets them all right before the other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.