Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Hussey
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard about these great 2 for 1 sales on Heroscape stuff that happen occasionally at Toys R Us stores and I've got ants in the pants to catch one. Does anyone know anything about a possible upcoming sale? Or know about when they typically happen?

thanks,
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I *think* they're around the October timeframe - at least that's the time I remember when I picked up 2 for 1 copies of Heroscape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TRU are also closing some stores, and everything at those stores is 30% off. My boyfriend scored me some really sweet stuff, including the lava guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old bag
United States
Unspecified
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they do it twice a year, so maybe again March/April, I am not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hussey
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. Not cool that they're closing stores, but cool that you got the lava guys.

I'm hoping for some lava guys as well plus about as many sets of the bridge as I can get.

A 2 for 1 sale would be great justification to blow lots of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hussey
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks "old bag". I guess I just need to check every now and then. Plus I'll look to see if anyone posts that a sale is happening in a forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooky
United States
Canton
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly off the topic, but you may want to check your local Wal-Mart. Mine (Canton, IL) is no longer going to carry the master set of Heroscape. This being the case, they have them on clearance. They started out at $24, then $20 and they are now $18. I have picked up 4 of them, giving me a total of 5 master sets. I would like to pick up more but it becomes harder and harder to justify it! Me store is going to continue to sell the expansions, at least as far as I can tell, because those are NOT on clearance now. Hopefully in the future they will carry the master sets again but from now untill the fall they will not. I posted here back when they first went on clearance, but nobody that responded to my post had the same thing happening around them so I guess it COULD be that mine is the only one doing such a thing.

Just thought I would let people know to check thier wal-marts out.

Jooky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the WalMart thing... I just picked up two sets that had a WalMart only bonus in them (Onyx Vipers). They were about $24 each. The regular set (without the oynx vipers) was on the shelf at the regular price of $40. The packages appeared to be the same other than the bonus figures. I can't really figure that strategy out but I would think that if they were going to discontinue all the master sets, they all would be marked down. So I'm good on master sets now... I just hope they don't can the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hussey
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the Walmart tip. I did check mine recently but they were going for more than at Fred Meyer.

Wow, five sets! I probably can't justify more than 2 - 3 sets for the space I have available. I would think that five sets would start to over-whelm anyone's available table space. Am I totally wrong? Are they primarily for building taller maps? I'm trying to not have master set envy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall maps! Make Sgt. Drake earn his keep!

I'm holding out for a sale to get a second set and expand my scenario options. My six year old told me yesterday, "Heroscape is kinda dumb. You just fight and kill the guys and that's all" [paraphrased]. Yikes! Are my sons the only ones in the universe that don't love this game? Where have I failed as a father? They are big on Wings of War and Dog's Life, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TRU usually does a 2 for 1 sale right before Easter. That's when I picked up my set last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.