Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurent Tisseyre
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
Hi,

I play the game twice.

In the first game the russian split his armies in 2 groups. 2 generals in east prussia and 2 toward west/center prussia.

In the second game the whole russian army was sent in east prussia.

In the 2 games the russian strategy work well, but more because of prussian big mistake in east prussia.

What is your exprerience with the russian treatment of east prussia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark coomey
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience which is minimal is to evacuate east prussia altogether and to leave it to Russia. However, for Russia to get the objectives in Northern Prussia, well..he's gonna have to fight for it!

wiz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lehwaldt will usually hope up in one suit sector. I am particularly fond of putting him in a key club vicinity, which allows me to cover all East Prussian key objectives, save iirc Königsberg.

Prussia draws nearly double the cards Russia draws. Hence - if not foolishly wasting the Russian-dedicated suit by ill-chosen battles against other opponents, Prussia ought to have a card advantage.

How can Russia offset that? By using the time-honoured "Russian hordes" steamrolling technique. Concentrate three strong generals into one tower and then attack cowardly Lehwaldt. Say Lehwaldt has 4 armies and you 14/15. The Prussian will have to close that gap by TC expenditure. Keep the battle short and snappy. Disengage without delay, while minimizing your losses.

Repeat this tactic every turn. You'll be continuously whittling down the Prussian hand until he either abandons that favourable defensive position or you can deal him a decisive defeat.

Of course, pray that Elizabeth won't drink herself to death before you can harvest your well-earned rewards...

The fourth general (1 or 2 armies) ought to keep Dohna honest and try to make whatever gains can be made in Pommerania/the Neumark. Tying down Dohna ought to be a great relief for your Swedish allies, who otherwise might fall victim to a Heinrich/Dohna pincer movement.

Make sure though that this general's forces aren't destroyed. Don't take any reckless risks with him. The real battle will start once the main Russian force arrives once East Prussia has been taken care of.

Make best use of your Swedish allies. Again, it's imperative to know when to run, retreat, harass and advance. Make sure you keep this threat in being. If you play your cards well, then you might achieve either Russian or Swedish victory.

Anyway, that's what I'd do. Though it has to be said that I've only once played Elizabeth. Since I tend to play usually with less experienced folks, I normally end up playing Friedrich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesf wrote:

Of course, pray that Elizabeth won't drink herself to death before you can harvest your well-earned rewards...

LOL!

I hope I don't drink myself to death playing Prussia today.

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.