flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SUBRON mini-campaign 1:

23’000t sunk
No Capital Ship
2 Sub lost

--> FAILURE

I like Solitaires where you do not win the first try

This will be for sure one of my preferred solitaire wargame ever. Probably just below Carrier and Iwo Jima, well positioned against some others (RAF, Apache/Corsair Leader) but well ahead of all the rest, but.... just a sincere comment...

well, although I completely agree and understand the goal of the "statistical simulation" I had the feeling that the game system is slightly unbalanced on the "house keeping" side versus the effects of the player decisions. The game length, the so many and often useless die rolls (even when something seems to happen often result in "no event" on the tables), the so many place&remove of Jap units, left the feeling that the die has too much weight tactically and that in the long term things could go the same way regardless my contribution, statistically correct but from the simulation "game" point of view maybe not the best perception.

Again, this game is really a great experience and I will give it a try soon once arranged the space for another campaign.

Congratulation again, I hope Compass Games will proceed on the "good Solitaire" product line in the future, we need them...

Ciao,

tp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex, I just played that campaign for the first time yesterday. Wow! I've already played Subron II (decisive victory) and some solo games with Gatos. Using the S-Boats really make you humble. You did much better than me. I ended with 8 ships sunk and 16K tons. I lost 2 subs--one to a transit event--lost at sea-- and 1 to a Jap sub.

I'm into ATC sims, also.

take care,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.