Popular Tags: [View All]
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have a trade, how is it assumed it is being shipped? UPS, USPS? At what rate?

DT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone I've traded with has shipped have shipped through USPS, most of them paid for Priority mail(2-3 days) + Delivery Confirmation. But I don't think there's necessarily a standard as long as it gets there in good shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lourdes Tallet
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I think it's always best to keep the assumptions to a minimum. Just clearly and directly state how you're planning to ship and whether or not you have any flexibility, and ask before finalizing a trade how the other person plans to ship. You can express your preferences as well.

On another note, I would request any item be shipped in a box, not an envelope or bubble mailer, and I would always do likewise. There have been a couple of threads recently (one of them mine) regarding shipping damage due to poor packaging or shipping without boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats completely up to the sender, unless you negotiate something specific with them.

Personally I only use USPS Priority, and only a very tiny minority of boxes I've received came via UPS/Fedex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
dturnerfish wrote:
When you have a trade, how is it assumed it is being shipped? UPS, USPS? At what rate?

DT

I use Canada Post and their cheapest method possible with tracking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i use Fedex exclusively, as they are cheaper than the USPS when it comes to packages over a pound or so, and much cheaper if you can ship to a business address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One reason i am asking is because of cost. I have been using UPS, and it runs about $12 for an average Settler Size game.

When shipping something that is valued about $25 new.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Generally First Class or Priority + delivery confirmation for domestic US.

Internationally I will always ship airmail unless specifically requested otherwise.

I've also done UPS to Canada once (big mistake; ended up taking longer than regular airmail and double the price) and twice in the US; UPS seems like a better option for same region shipping of larger games, as it ends up costing only a $1-$2 more than USPS and gets there faster.

I have also found that priority mail is only worth the extra $1 or so for cross-country shipping, when it gets there 1-2 days earlier. For anything other than coast-to-coast, first class takes about the same time if it gets out in the morning, or at worst one day later if I send it in the afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to use priority shipping. It gets there faster, doesn't cost all that much more generally and I can pay for the postage online.

Also, if I buy the label online, they throw in the delivery confirmation for free.

Quite convenient.

I almost ALWAYS ship in a box. Unless I'm sending something really small (like a card game).

I also love those automated shipping kiosks at the post office. They've made trading/selling/ebaying soooooo much easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.