Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ludvig Bowallius
Sweden
Stockholm
Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new expansion I will give more playtime to this great game. But some questions have arisen and I thought I would post them here. I might also post them on :

1: If a demon is behind a door (unrevealed) and a marine opens the door, does this count as a step taken into the demons strikearea and the marine gets hit or have the marine found the only way to close up on the invader without getting a swing (on the one hand, the demon's ability should work in the fashion that noone gets up close to it, on the other hand the rules says it should be a STEP taken near the demon, not any other action)? If it is the case that the marine gets attacked, then it probably is the same if the demon is revealed behind a door.

2: Maggots is the expansionmonster that is equivalent to demons. They have both "watchfull" and an ability that lets them attack twice. Kevin Wilson has already confirmed that playing "rage" on this 2xattack freak lets it attack four times, but my followup question is then: When the maggot use watchfull, does it get to attack twice or does it only get one attack (on the one hand it says "gets one free" attack under the watchfull rule, on the other hand the maggot gets to combine its special ability with the ragecard, why not the watchfull ability?)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwalker wrote:
1: If a demon is behind a door (unrevealed) and a marine opens the door, does this count as a step taken into the demons strikearea

No. The rule says that the Marine must step into an area adjacent to the Demon. If he steps up to the door, then opens it, and a Demon is there, it's the same as if the Demon has stepped up to him: no Watchful attack.

nightwalker wrote:
When the maggot use watchfull, does it get to attack twice or does it only get one attack (on the one hand it says "gets one free" attack under the watchfull rule, on the other hand the maggot gets to combine its special ability with the ragecard, why not the watchfull ability?)?

No. Follow the Watchful rule: one attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanislaw Lipa
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackwraith wrote:
nightwalker wrote:
1: If a demon is behind a door (unrevealed) and a marine opens the door, does this count as a step taken into the demons strikearea

No. The rule says that the Marine must step into an area adjacent to the Demon. If he steps up to the door, then opens it, and a Demon is there, it's the same as if the Demon has stepped up to him: no Watchful attack.

nightwalker wrote:
When the maggot use watchfull, does it get to attack twice or does it only get one attack (on the one hand it says "gets one free" attack under the watchfull rule, on the other hand the maggot gets to combine its special ability with the ragecard, why not the watchfull ability?)?

No. Follow the Watchful rule: one attack.

for better solution - follow expansion rulebook page 24 - double attack description 'figure may attack twice when activated' - watchful is not an activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.