Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Nowak
Poland
Warsaw
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've just played a three-player game. It wasn't clear from the rules, but we played that a player CAN make two or more deals in one settlement and it feeled a bit solitaire game for everyone. The map is quite huge for three players and most of the time everyone could find a quiet settlement with plenty of goods, eat all the goods in five consecutive actions and go somwhere else. I thought that it might be a good idea to forbid taking more than one good from a settlement during one stay there - after you take one good, you must move somwhere else to be allowed to take another good.

What do you think, anyone played this way? Or maybe it's in the rules and I just didn't spot it? Or maybe you think it's a dumb idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules are very clear that you cannot conduct business twice at the same settlement on the same preprogrammed set of moves. You cannot do so even by leaving the settlement and coming back to it.

I also recommend playing Himalaya with 4. That is really the number of players it is designed for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a bad idea, it removes any difficulty in getting the better goods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Nowak
Poland
Warsaw
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for quick response. I just did not spot this in the rules. I think that playing correctly will make this game much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ostrander
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
The rules are very clear that you cannot conduct business twice at the same settlement on the same preprogrammed set of moves. You cannot do so even by leaving the settlement and coming back to it.

I also recommend playing Himalaya with 4. That is really the number of players it is designed for.

Well I'm glad I read this thread... I forgot this rule and have played it 3 or 4 times already. Even with this rule wrong I love it, but I think it will definitely be better with the rule correct!

soblue
My game group will never let my live this down... its another in the long line of games played incorrectly. Don't even ask how many times it took to play Liberte correctly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.