Pirates of the Spanish Main» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Gold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Coffey
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I was playing the other day and my friend sunk one of my ships. The ship had six gold on it divided by a four and two ones. When we divide the gold in half do we divide it by the actual tokens or by the amount.

I said that the rules state you take the total amount of gold and divide it and he claimed that it sould be about the tokens. A little clarification would help. Thanks guys.

Coffey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm important enough to be taken too seriously or anything, but I've always played that you take the value of the tokens, and not the actual ones themselves. Only because if a ship is sunk and has a "4" gold on it, it makes more sense that both players get 2 "2"s from aside the board, or make change with pieces on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
Its half the total amount not half the tokens. You each get 2 gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules says to split the gold up between the 2 by value with the surplus going to the shooter.

I'd say not to make change with other pieces, but to just divide it as best you can with the tokens on board.

Sinker gets 4, sunk gets 2.

You could make change from your home islands if you have it...but this isn't monopoly. The idea is you're splitting up the booty that acutally sunk with the ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coffey
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thanks for the insight guys I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Ames
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, this rule never made much sense to me. We play that if a player sinks a ship with gold on it, neither player gets anything.

This give's players more incentive to board and capture ships, which then need to go back to the home island. Crew can be ransomed for additional gold. arrrh

Regards,

-Drew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.