Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: February 4th, 2006

Game: Carabande

Players: Bruce, Charles, Jean-François, Johnny, NN (Bruce's girlfriend), Rami, Ray and Valdir (myself)

The other table was about to play Puerto Rico but the spots filled so quickly that I didn't have a chance to join them.

Other than the five playing PR, we were now seven players, always a dreadful number to choose a game. Do you break in two groups of three and four? Do you try to play something together?

Ray had brought Carabande and proposed it as a good big group game. While he was assembling the circuit, Bruce's girlfriend arrived and joined us for some fun flicking the car tokens. Sorry, I didn't catch her name, so she goes as NN in the records...

Anyway, Raymond prepared a circuit with a ramp, told us to try some times to go over the ramp (it's not as easy as it looks) and off we went. We decided on a three-lap game. I had the blue car number 6 and during the first lap I was doing ok, staying in the middle of the group. However, when I reached the ramp I fell to the other part of the circuit and was suddenly in last place. Darn! I thought I had no chance of catching up but a lot of the players also had some difficulty with the ramp, either going to slow or too fast on it.

By the end of the first lap I was leading and the others who were close to me had a lot of trouble, so that I was able to open a huge gap. When I started my third lap I knew that I just had to cruise for the victory, the other guys were attempting some crazy things to catch up and were failing miserably. When I crossed the line to complete my third lap, there were still some players who had not completed their second yet. They considered about continuing the game to fight for position, but preferred to cut it short to start another one.

Therefore, we decided to go for it again, this time without a ramp and with a different circuit design. In this game as well I started gaining some advantage over the others, but as there was no ramp to slow people down, my advantage was never as big as in the first game. I led for a good part of the race but when I was less than a quarter of the way to the finish line Rami, Charles and Jean-François caught up to me and we had a fierce battle for the win. Jean-François ended up the winner, I came in fourth with the other two in between us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.