Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Family Gaming Day, February 4, 2006

Family Gaming Group:
Grandson Joel – 8 years old
Granddaughter Natalia – 10 (not playing this game)
Son Mason – Adult
Daughter Katrina – Adult
Son-in-law Dan – Adult
Wife Sue – Adult
Me – Adult

Joel won Carcassonne (with expansions The River, Traders and Builders, and Inns and Cathedrals). His score was over 160, and he finished 29 points ahead of Mason, who was 2nd place. I finished 3rd, garnering lots of points with my farmers, including the use of my pig. Katrina finished 4th, with Sue 5th, and Dan 6th. Joel has become an excellent Carcassonne player, sometimes sharing a city, rather than stealing it (if the person is not ahead of him or near him in score), and other times stealing a large city, to catch up with the leader. What really won the game for him today was his acquisition of the trade goods – he had the majority of both barrels and wheat, and tied for the most cloth (we call them ribbons). That may be the first time any of us managed to do that. He has definitely learned the tactic of finishing cities that he may not be able to steal or share, but that give him trade goods. This was only the second time Joel has won Carcassonne (playing with six players), and both victories have come in 2006; he won the first game this year by an even larger margin. In fact, he’s the only one of us who has won this game so far this calendar year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.